Question about Workeds at Kings Island

CoasterOhio

Last night a worker told me that the employees at Kings Island get these Employee days where half of them are riding the rides, the other half is operating and it rotates. I want to know, but is this true?

( I need actually employees, not people that aren't, because how would I know you are giving me false info.)

• Like 1

I remember a merch friend talking about employee ride nights. One or 2 rides are open and employees can partake afterhours.

However, I have not heard any disputes from anyone but here... I'm a bit skeptical of both sides, really. On one hand, the above posters work at the park, but on the other, I can't see why my friend would lie to me.

In 2010 when I worked at the park, yes there were employee ride times, not days. Certain nights during the season, after the park closed to guests, the employees were invited to a couple of rides to ride for a couple of hours, while supervisors took care of running the rides. Food and other events happened as well.

• Like 1

Prior to opening day this year, we had a couple hours in Action Zone with a couple of rides open for the employees to enjoy, along with food and snacks. There are still a couple employee nights during the season after the park closes for a couple of hours, with supervisors operating a couple of rides for the employees to enjoy in an area of the park. It is the park's way of saying THANKS for all the hard work the employees do during the season.

• Like 1

When I worked at the park they had "employee appreciation parties" for each area. On most occasions the parties were held at either the picnic grove or in the international restauraunt. I do recall two of these parties being held in both the Action Zone (then adventure village) and beast games. Each party allowed us to ride designated rides for each party. I was kicked off of the go carts the first yr the attraction opened, at one of the parties, for being too rough :/ The parties were a load of fun, but the rides didn't stay open for very long since most of us preferred to socialize. Those were the days!