KI Closing Day Videos and such (And the 1,000th post)

ohiocolts

For my 1,000th post, I've decided to post my video I took of a behind the scenes tour of The Beast that Don Helbig surprised KICers with. Thanks Don!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GjAbTZIflTk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hopefully this works.

It should also be 1080p instead of 360p, but thats what it wanted to upload as. Hopefully, I can get some other videos on the day and a trip report in this thread at somepoint as well. Thanks for watching!

Edit: Darn, it didn't work! Here's the link to the actuall video:

Edit #2: Oh wait, that's all I had to do :P .

• Like 14

I loved it when jcgoble and malem went running through the park trying to chase down ohiocolts' nametag when it flew off on the ride! It was hilarious! It was certainly a fun day at the park, I'm glad I got to share it with everyone in the group. Can't wait to do it again next year and hopefully more often.

• Like 5

^ I was trying to catch it for him, assuming it would land nearby. Instead, I watched it fly down Coney Mall and eventually disappear somewhere over The Racer. We really need to come up with something better than adhesive name tags for next time.

Glad you also enjoyed the meet-up! I definitely plan to come to another (and hopefully more) next year, assuming I'm within driving range of Cincinnati of course.

• Like 5

Thanks for sharing more footage! Somehow, TheCrypt managed to get more time in front of your camera than me - not sure how that happened.

By the way, what is the song at 1:20 (before the National Anthem)?

That was one of the best days that I had at KI. To bad I wasn't able to join ya'll on The Beast ride after the tour.

The Beast ride after the tour didn't work out so well. We ended up on two different trains and got separated afterwards. If we try that again, we should split into two and hold up both sides of the queue until the station has room for the group.

I'm glad everyone else had so much fun; it was one of the most memorable days I've had there as well. We definitely need to do things like this again next year!

• Like 5

You guys are all just slowly rubbing it in my face! I will definatly try to go next year. But of coarse it probably wont be as good as this years, I couldn't be lucky enough to get a free beast tour!

We really need to come up with something better than adhesive name tags for next time.

I think it would be really cool if we could order t-shirts/sweatshirts. We could put like- KIC CREW on the front, and put our usernames on the back. Just an idea though.

• Like 3

I will definatly try to go next year. But of coarse it probably wont be as good as this years, I couldn't be lucky enough to get a free beast tour!

They'll be better.

A tour would be really nice to get invited to again at some point, but we'll be doing lots of fun things at meet-ups next year regardless.

We really need to come up with something better than adhesive name tags for next time.

I think it would be really cool if we could order t-shirts/sweatshirts. We could put like- KIC CREW on the front, and put our usernames on the back. Just an idea though.

T-shirts would be really nice for finding each other and making our presence known. We should figure something out before next season.

Printing individually is probably harder and costlier than making a bunch, so I don't think we'd print usernames. There are always temporary fabric markers, name tags, lanyards, buttons, or whatever we want to use for that. Or, we could just talk to each other when we see t-shirts to figure out who people are.

• Like 2

....Or possibly go to the Airbrush T-shirt booth, get airbrushed "KIC MEMBER (Insert your name here) (Insert photo here)", which I'll probably get a BB1 or Boomerang Bay logo t-shirt sometime this next 2013 year.

Or a name tag that says

Hi My Name Is

BB1

Although mine would have G'day! my name is

BB1

Welcome to the Bay!

If we do go through with the idea, I think dark grey would be a good idea.

Or something bright, like flourescent yellow. Then it would be REALLY easy to notice one another! :D

As for my Sling Shot video, it is finally up. :) But I can't figure out how to embed it... Edit: I just posted a direct link to the video. If you click it, the video will come up in Windows Media Player.

http://img211.images...ahbhjizwmih.mp4

Edited by VortexBFForever
  • Like 3