Space Left from Son of Beast

Sno

Intamin prefab wood hyper coaster? I'd love to see one go there, just put the lift a little further away from Adventure Express and Flight Deck.

Great Idea! At least if another wooden hyper coaster came to Kings Island now, technology has advanced since the age of SOB and maybe a smarter plan would be made for such a coaster.

Intamin prefab wood hyper coaster? I'd love to see one go there, just put the lift a little further away from Adventure Express and Flight Deck.

Great Idea! At least if another wooden hyper coaster came to Kings Island now, technology has advanced since the age of SOB and maybe a smarter plan would be made for such a coaster.

In all honesty I was expecting more of a response against this idea, but I'm glad you share my enthusiasm! And if you look at the facts, Colossos is very close to 200ft. and its still going well, and El Toro goes 70mph so its stress factor must be close to SoB's and it hasn't degraded. And are all 4 Prefab Intamins in Mitch Hawker's top 10? I think if you take the successes of SoB and implement them on a coaster without all of the critical design flaws, we could have one of the best coasters around!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Search is your friend...

That is a complete thought, I thought...

I want something totally unexpected, but not like Dinosaurs Alive unexspected.

Like a new area or like a record breaker that craps all over kingda ka, that thing has been in a rain for to long. I would prefer some thing traditional, like with a lift hill but with 400-500 feet tall drop.

I say they should put in a B&M Strata Coaster.......................................... :):)

I say they won't and they shouldn't...B&M said they wouldn't go over 300ft; which they did; so I doubt they'd go to 400. If I'm correct that a strata coaster is 400ft?

B&M has never set a cap on their coaster hight. As said in an interview with Walter. No one has ever asked for it.

EDIT:

Right at the one minute mark.

^ Found it:

The comment was from Rocky Mountain Construction, not Gravity Group. Both of them are doing similar inversions with wood supports, so the same reasoning would seem to apply.

It's good to avoid misquoting or misattributing quotes, especially when the people quoted aren't on the forum to correct us! :)