Space Left from Son of Beast

Sno

^ Found it:

The comment was from Rocky Mountain Construction, not Gravity Group. Both of them are doing similar inversions with wood supports, so the same reasoning would seem to apply.

It's good to avoid misquoting or misattributing quotes, especially when the people quoted aren't on the forum to correct us! :)

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity." --Abraham Lincoln

• Like 2

Just some food for thought:

The crane they used to get workers up to SOB during deconstruction is still there...

And it moves to different spots every day I pass by...

Note its been almost 20 days since the last pieces of SOB were brought down...

:blink::ph34r:

• Like 2

How would they go about removing the footings? Do they lift it out of the ground or dig it out?

Don told us on closing day that they have a special tool that can simply grip the exposed portion of the footing, twist it, and yank it right out.

So, they have dentists on site now?

• Like 10

It would depend on how deep the footings are. Depending on the load they had to support, they would have to be at about 3 to 4 feet deep at a minimum of what code required to take in account the frost level. I would imagine it would be some sort of a hydraulic device that would grab on to it that is attached to a bobcat of some sort.

I think it was mentioned before on PointBuzz that B&M was originally in on the Millennium Force project, but the cost for them to build 300 feet at that time was in the thirty million dollar range. Cedar Point, of course, ended up going with Intamin.

Didn't a wise man once say Cedar Point had a big blue B&M.

Even the wisest of men make mistakes

• Like 4

sorry i havent posted in 10 days so

what ride do i want in sobs place.. nothing! a new area or expansion of Action Zone is all i want and then maybe id like a new coaster. a b&m giga and a new woodie but i wouldnt want them built in the same year maybe like a 2 year diferrence

Stash and my imagination im really hoping for a new Action Zone

• Like 1

sorry i havent posted in 10 days so

what ride do i want in sobs place.. nothing! a new area or expansion of Action Zone is all i want and then maybe id like a new coaster. a b&m giga and a new woodie but i wouldnt want them built in the same year maybe like a 2 year diferrence

Stash and my imagination im really hoping for a new Action Zone

That's a lot of money. But I do agree, a new woodie would be nice but I think we'd get the giga first. In my opinion the Action Zone will undergo a lot of changes in the next couple of years so only time will tell.

(I apologize for the large quote font) my iPod is old and dying fast

• Like 1

Some people would prefer Gravity Group to build a woodie at KI, Some people would expect GCI to build one, and then there is that chance that the company you didn't even think about or the one you least expected to show up being the company to build Kings Islands next wooden roller coaster.........Just sayin

Some people would prefer Gravity Group to build a woodie at KI, Some people would expect GCI to build one, and then there is that chance that the company you didn't even think about or the one you least expected to show up being the company to build Kings Islands next wooden roller coaster.........Just sayin

RCCA? Please no...not again.

• Like 3

It better be RMC... Not an RCCA...

Well my bet is Gravity Group for the next coaster. Take out what dont work and replace with what does. Rode SOB many times including with ACE at 6AM on preview day and it was by far the worst ride Ive been on (except the loop). So hoping GG will take all they have done to today and make the KI ride one up on all of them. How about an inversion in a tunnel?

• Like 3