Space Left from Son of Beast

Sno

Well my bet is Gravity Group for the next coaster. Take out what dont work and replace with what does. Rode SOB many times including with ACE at 6AM on preview day and it was by far the worst ride Ive been on (except the loop). So hoping GG will take all they have done to today and make the KI ride one up on all of them. How about an inversion in a tunnel?

Inversion in a tunnel? Thats like a combination of what was, In some peoples opinion, the best feature of SOB plus one of the key features of The Beast. If that idea was actually done, That would be one heck of a ride...... maybe, in a good way..... or maybe in a bad way......

• Like 1

I would love to see Gravity Group come in and build another wooden roller coaster, but not sure if Don would agree to it since I asked him on the other thread if he would ever consider putting in a Maverick type roller coaster and he said no way because he doesn't have that kind of money. So based off of that answer, this makes me think that to build a roller coaster similar to Voyage would cost as much as Maverick cost. Does anyone have the money figures of how much the two roller coasters cost?

but not sure if Don would agree to it since I asked him on the other thread if he would ever consider putting in a Maverick type roller coaster and he said no way because he doesn't have that kind of money.

Don doesn't buy the coasters for Kings Island.

rcdb.com says Maverick was 21 million to build, Voyage was eight and half million to build.

The people who decide what rides are built, what rides are taken out, etc... Are people like the general manager, operations manager, and other positions like that. Public Relations (What Mr. Helbig does) builds the image of the park through contact with the media and throu fans directly.

At least that's how I've been told it works.

I would love to see Gravity Group come in and build another wooden roller coaster, but not sure if Don would agree to it since I asked him on the other thread if he would ever consider putting in a Maverick type roller coaster and he said no way because he doesn't have that kind of money. So based off of that answer, this makes me think that to build a roller coaster similar to Voyage would cost as much as Maverick cost. Does anyone have the money figures of how much the two roller coasters cost?

Just for the record, I think he was kidding. He said he wouldn't buy a coaster like that because it was too expensive and he didn't have enough room in his backyard. See, it's funny because he knew what you really meant, but made a joke because the question was vague.

Ha.

• Like 5

I know Intamin makes wooden roller coasters. I would be just as excited to see Intamin come in with a new wooden roller coaster the same way if Gravity Group were to come in and build another wooden roller coaster. Either one would be a big improvement over SOB. Plus since Cedar Point is up north, I think it would be neat for Kings Island to build something that Cedar Point doesn't have such as a Voyage or El Toro wooden roller coaster. ;)

• Like 3

^ A larger scale version of a GCI woodie would be pretty nice. The capacity is a BIG problem, averaging about 900 guests/ hour. RMC on the other hand can have a 1600 pph, the same and even better than B&M's. The RMC concept is new, and we probably don't know how reliable it is. Arm for an arm, Inverting woodie for Inverting woodie.

An Intamin Mega-Lite would be a cool first for the country. Neither would that B&M Giga that everyone practically craves. The Giga can provide 1600 pph+, but the Mega-Lite offers 800 pph. Other than a GG coaster, that's all my designs that I would like to see.

I'm just not hep on the big coaster idea. I know it sounds silly, because I don't have the proper words to express myself, but I'd like more 'social' rides- more of a joint experience.

One of the things about the Haunt I like is the social interactions with family and friends. The reactions to frightening things are hilarious.

In most rides, you face front, it's a singular experiences until the end of the ride, where you look at each other, and gauge what just happened.

One of the fun things about having a friend across from you on Invertigo, is that you can see their faces, and laugh how goofy it is.

• Like 4

I agree with you Brian. I mean when SOB was built, at the time it overshadowed The Beast because of it's size and speed. However, I'm sure the ratings for it were low though because all the complaints it had over the years. I think it would be Awesome seeing an Gravity Group wooden roller coaster come in and bring some popularity back to that side of the park. Plus Kings Island has three wooden roller coaster that are traditional. Seeing another wooden roller coaster come that is completely different from the three would be Ideal. :)

^I totally agree with Shawn's post.

Wooden roller coasters has been a rich part of KI's history. I feel with the addition of a new wooden roller coaster, KI can differentiate from Cedar Point with it's niche for immense woodies. Perhaps in doing so, KI&Cedar Fair can compete against Holiday World's impressive collection of wooden roller coasters?

No.

Voyage, Legend, and Raven cannot be beaten.

If Knoebels knocks on their neighbors door and asks for their best, I feel the Phoenix/Twister/GCII would beat Voyage/Legend/Raven.

If 6FGAd added I feel they would beat HW.

Really? Great Adventure really just has El Toro, and Rolling Thunder is just a bit bigger and faster than The Racer.

Really? Great Adventure really just has El Toro, and Rolling Thunder is just a bit bigger and faster than The Racer.

El Toro, with another (good) addition would be enough for me, even if Rolling Thunder brings down other two.

Have you been on El Toro?

No, but I know it is a great ride.

• Like 1