Off Season Tours

BB1

Back to the "ye ole poll board", do you want off season tours? If so, which kind(s) of tours would you like?

Personally, I would just want a tour of Kings Island in the winter when there is snow on the ground. Also, a tour of the Waterpark, Soak City it sounds like a great time to see the park in it's "slumber" so to speak.

I bet BB1 sits in his bubble bath and worships his shrine to Boomerang Bay every night! That being said,the fact that he gets people fired up cracks me up! :lol: He probably also has a baby pool in his living room with a kiddie slide going into it with homemade Boomerang Bay signs hanging everywhere! :P Forget the off season tour,i miss ice skating on the fountain!

• Like 3

I bet BB1 sits in his bubble bath and worships his shrine to Boomerang Bay every night! That being said,the fact that he gets people fired up cracks me up! :lol: He probably also has a baby pool in his living room with a kiddie slide going into it with homemade Boomerang Bay signs hanging everywhere! :P Forget the off season tour,i miss ice skating on the fountain!

1 its not a bubble bath, its a hot tub

2 I think of BB yes, I only worship God

3 I have yet to make signs, but that isnt a bad idea..

Also, everyone knows my natural habitat is not at Soak City.

• Like 2

I agree. Those Dyson hand dryers are terrible. On closing day his year, one of the men's restrooms that had those had a trash bag over it because it was broken. Yet just seem a lot less efficient than the excel hand dryers that places like Coney Island and Cedar Point.

• Like 2

Im a paper towel guy,i prefer not to touch doors while exiting a restroom.

I do this as well, if all else fails, but paper towels can be nasty as well: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-500165_162-57350204/paper-towels-actually-carry-germs-study-shows/

Of course, I prefer restrooms I can use without touching my hands to anything. (Especially disgusting surfaces like door handles, sink handles, and those Dyson dryers.)

• Like 2

The way to wash and dry your hands without touching sinks, paper town dispensers it to dispense the paper towel first, turn on the water, press your hand under the soap dispenser, wash your hands, turn off the water using your elbow or rip the towel and dry your hand, then turn off the sink with the towel. As for the hot air hand dryers, how many people take the time to wait and use them? But I prefer the hand dryers that sense your hand and turn on and off, and the same way with sinks. The park used to have automatic flush toilets and urinals but have been removed at the front gate restrooms. It would be simple to go with all restrooms having automatic everything then you will not have to touch anything.

Drying and exiting techniques aside, I just wish everyone would actually wash. Way too many people skip the sinks on their way out of the men's room - even employees in restaurants! (Sorry ladies!)

Recycled towels supposedly have the highest bacteria counts, but all tested contained at least some potentially harmful bacteria. The fact that the towels and the dispenser are constantly being exposed to contaminated water droplets is also a factor. As for hand dryers, nasty things can grow in those warm, moist environments as well - and they aren't as effective as towels in removing bacteria.

That said, leaving your hands wet is probably worse hygienically than risking the towels or dryer. Handwashing loosens germs that need to be removed by drying, and you definitely don't want to touch a handle previously touched by those who didn't wash.

Until reading the article I linked, I used to always use a paper towel technique like Jr for Birdy and KI-ORIG-EMP. Now, what I do varies based on my assessment of the restroom and whether I have clean tissues with me.

No matter what you do, you're going to be exposed to dangerous bacteria and other microorganisms, and your immune system will protect you most of the time. Some places are disgusting, but you still don't get sick - most of the time. (Just wait until the topic of pool/water park hygiene comes up!)

When I travel on the PA Turnpike, all the restrooms in the rest areas have automatic commodes, urinals, sinks, and hot air hand dryers or no hand paper towel dispensers. Those cost more but could be a thing for the park to consider. But didn't some of the park's restrooms at the front gate and Action Zone used to have automatic commodes and urinal flush devices?