what do you think will be leaving haunt next year? what do you think will replace it?

kicsehlhorst

Actually...this kid isn't new.

In other news, I hope no mazes come or go. Please refresh all mazes and put in to them a level of detail similar in quality to Madame Fatale's. Some of them have been the same since even FearFest's incarnation, and they're getting old (Massacre Manor and CarnEVIL come to mind).

Need to make them more scary....The Holiday one was cool to walk through, but no fright in it. Terror Train again was cool, especially heckling the zombie train robbers...but again, not really scary....The most interesting were the last two we went to...the one close by Invertigo and the one behind where the Drop Zone is. Loved being made to feel like I was being squeezed out of something....

Hardly saw any scaractors walking Coney or anywhere.

I would love to see Fright Feast from CP. Man that one got me several times. I enjoyed the ones at CP a lot more this year, and I was even going into them with kids (by their own choice)....got scared several times.

Why does Mysteria have to go because it isn't scary? Why can't it just be a warm up haunt for the people who aren't quite ready for the major ones?

It's not scary but it's also weird and pointless. I've mentioned it plenty of times before, but it has a bunch of people in spandex hitting cowbells. Remind me how that has anything to do with Halloween?

Why does Mysteria have to go because it isn't scary? Why can't it just be a warm up haunt for the people who aren't quite ready for the major ones?

The R-rated "final scene" of Mysteria is rather tasteless; I wouldn't consider that a warm-up for anything.

• Like 1

The R-rated "final scene" of Mysteria is rather tasteless; I wouldn't consider that a warm-up for anything.

I walked through it 4 times this year and have no idea what you are talking about. The only ending I ever had was walking through the exit.

Mysteria's usually the haunt I take newbies through to get them warmed up to Haunt. It's so out there that it "breaks the ice," so to speak, and generally warms people uneasy about being scared up to the idea of laughing off the scares, rather than freaking out all the time. Cut-Throat Cove's good for that, too, and Holiday Horror and Cornstalkers are good next steps after Mysteria or CTC.

It's hard (and usually permanently counterproductive) to throw people who aren't totally sold on the Haunt experience straight into houses like Wolf Pack, Slaughterhouse, or Madame Fatale's. Houses like Mysteria are the "kiddie coasters" of Halloween Haunt--they're there to warm you up to the idea, rather than tossing you right into a terrifying, high-adrenaline house that's nothing but scares. If you're used to haunted houses (or, if we're still going with the kiddie coaster analogy, roller coasters), they may not do much for you, but that doesn't necessarily make them failures.

My predictions for next year: if a house is changing/leaving, it'll be Cornstalkers. That thing's apparently difficult to keep staffed, as it's usually the one that's noticeably lost the most scareactors over each Haunt season for the past couple seasons. It doesn't really have unique props except the costumes, which could easily be reused if one of the scare zones *coughnightmarealleycough* gained a little corn. Don't know what could replace it or how it could be modified, but that's my prediction if any house is going to change or leave. I'd sooner guess we'll see another house added in Flight Commander's queue or in the field outlined by Racer, Flight of Fear, and Adventure Express, for instance, than see a house changed/removed, though.

I think I missed something... What "R-rated final scene"? The most I ever noticed in the end of Mysteria was a scareactor standing there telling you to have a good night.

• Like 2

I walked through it 4 times this year and have no idea what you are talking about. The only ending I ever had was walking through the exit.

I think I missed something... What "R-rated final scene"? The most I ever noticed in the end of Mysteria was a scareactor standing there telling you to have a good night.

I'm glad to know that the "ending" I saw (after 12am on a Friday night with particularly bad weather) isn't a normal occurrence.

Suffice to say, it was not at all appropriate for any family amusement park.