Vortex to be retired soon?

stashua123

I'm not a fan of Arrow at all. I only like Magnum and Iron Dragon. I have trouble getting into their other coasters, especially the looping ones. I could see Arrow coasters leaving smaller parks like Valleyfair and Michigan's Adventure because its not worth the maintenance when they only run one train anyway. The parts from the smaller parks will go to parks like Cedar Point and Kings Island to maintain theirs.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I feel whether you love or hate this ride, The Vortex is an iconic coaster in the park and everyone who has been attending since it was built knows it. I for one am a fan of the ride. Sure it has given me some jarring experiences, but it has also given me some fantastic ones too. I more or less have countless memories on it too. I will miss this coaster whenever it is that it meets its demise, but for now I am not worried about it because it still stands and I know I will have more chances at getting more rides on it this upcoming season.

• Like 7

I feel whether you love or hate this ride, The Vortex is an iconic coaster in the park and everyone who has been attending since it was built knows it. I for one am a fan of the ride. Sure it has given me some jarring experiences, but it has also given me some fantastic ones too. I more or less have countless memories on it too. I will miss this coaster whenever it is that it meets its demise, but for now I am not worried about it because it still stands and I know I will have more chances at getting more rides on it this upcoming season.

You took the words right out of my mouth. *mental applause*

• Like 3

I really hope they can make a way for Vortex to stay. Yes it's bumpy in some spots, but it's part of Kings Islands skyline of roller coasters. Every park has to have some kind of ride to grow old with too. For example, next year at Cedar Point, Blue Streak will turn 50 years old!

• Like 6

I totally agree with you! :D

Even better, I was listening to this (what I think is inspirational) soundtrack from Madagascar 3. It sounds so...inspirational! :rolleyes: Vortex is truly an iconic coaster filled with history.

Never take anything for granted. This time last year, The Wildcat at Cedar Point was a given for 2012. Crews were even hired for it.

The NJ Great American Scream Machine closed very quickly.

Enjoy what you can, while you can.

Not to mention The Crypt, Space Spiral, and Geauga Lake.

• Like 4

This seems like a question more for Don. Why would they advertise Vortex on the travel channel and then come out later on and say they might remove it in the future?

Am I missing something here? When did the park say that they might remove Vortex in the future? AFAIK, this is/was purely a Screamscape rumor. I know nothing about the park having ever said anything about it.

• Like 1

Guest KingsIslandPR

The Vortex is one of the most popular rides in the park. There are no plans to retire the ride in the foreseeable future.

• Like 24

Don, in the future, could you make it a point to give the "Dipping Dots" guys better information????

When ever I'm at the park, I always go to Charlie Brown. He always tells me the most accurate information...

...He's a good man.

I prefer the: hes a clown, that charlie brown, hes going to get caught, just you wait and see....

• Like 3