Vortex to be retired soon?

stashua123

• 2 weeks later...

Flight Deck got a new paint Job it'll be there for a while... JK Vortex and Flight Deck are getting up there age wise. I'll be sad when they get to the point on removing the Flight of Fear. I think Flight of Fear will have a lot more time then those two rides sense it's a fair popular ride still and is indoor protected from weather. :P Also it seems they can change the track around on the ride because ever time I go it seems differnt. lol

Flight Deck got a new paint Job it'll be there for a while... JK Vortex and Flight Deck are getting up there age wise. I'll be sad when they get to the point on removing the Flight of Fear. I think Flight of Fear will have a lot more time then those two rides sense it's a fair popular ride still and is indoor protected from weather. :P Also it seems they can change the track around on the ride because ever time I go it seems differnt. lol

This is one of the most ridiculous posts on this site I've ever seen.

• Like 7

-Insert Sarcastic Laugh Here-

Why hasn't this topic been closed? Don's already stated that it's not going to be retired soon.

As quoted from Obiwan Kenobi "So what I told you was true, from a certain point of view."

Okay I'm done having fun. LOL I'm sure it's not going anywhere soon.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Some threads deserve a reading from the beginning, by new users....by those who have gained a new perspective since last they read it, and, sometimes, for other reasons.

There is a LOT of wisdom in this thread. A lot of total blarney, too.

Nevertheless, it deserves reading. All eight pages (so far). Read and ponder.

"How quickly they forget."

• Like 2

From what I was told by people I know, Vortex last year will be 2014. As with any unconfirmed information just like Screamscape, take it as a rumor.

Well 2014 has come and pass........

I just hope Vortex is around long enough for my 3-year-old daughter to ride it. Every time we went to KI this summer she asked if she was tall enough to ride the "loopty-loop" yet. She really wants to ride it! She just hit 40 inches early in the season, so I don't expect her to hit the 48 inch mark until at least the 2014 season, and that's wishful thinking. I want her to be able to experience one of my favorite rides. :-)

Im actually generally interested to know if she hit the 48 mark...

Never take anything for granted. This time last year, The Wildcat at Cedar Point was a given for 2012. Crews were even hired for it.

The NJ Great American Scream Machine closed very quickly.

Enjoy what you can, while you can.

Amen!

Each reply keeps the conversation going...and going....and going.

Yet you replied to a year old thread... makes a person go hmmmmmm....

• Like 2

Some threads deserve a reading from the beginning, by new users....by those who have gained a new perspective since last they read it, and, sometimes, for other reasons.

There is a LOT of wisdom in this thread. A lot of total blarney, too.

Nevertheless, it deserves reading. All eight pages (so far). Read and ponder.

"How quickly they forget."

Son of Beast's demolition was still fresh on the mind, so it probably didn't feel that far fetched to say they'd take another one down.

Not to say it'd ever be far fetched.

The Vortex has to be "tired" after all those laps. :D

I hope they don't retire Vortex any time soon. But, I have no inside information as to its' upkeep costs or popularity because I'm not basing any of my opinion on the matter from what I have observed. What I have observed is a small portion of what actually happens throughout an entire season or even over its' lifetime (since I've been around that long), so I can't say with any authority any of the details that we are discussing here. And unless you are someone who has that kind of info, than all 8 pages are simple guesses made from observations...groundbreaking.

• Like 3

I just noticed I started this thread. Wow two years ago, a fledgling member of KIC. I cannot believe it has been two and a half years since I have joined KIC.

It is amazing how much you realize you grow over such a small period of time. When I saw my original posts in here I had to laugh at myself a little bit.

• Like 7

I will say it is odd to have terpy bump both the Viking Fury and Vortex "leaving" threads after months of inactivity. Perhaps he knows something that we don't, preparing us for the inevitable retirement of these rides. Perhaps it's a hint that a different attraction could be saying goodbye. Perhaps there was no goal beyond the posting. It's still an interesting look back.

If Vortex is to go soon, I apologize for riding it and enjoying it only just recently. You know the story of how that goes.

• Like 3