Tractor Trailers near Flight of Fear

fryler87

I was at the park last Wednesday (the only day of the week I have off), and while getting in line for Flight of Fear, I noticed that there were several (maybe 10+) tractor trailers (all a little rusty, by the way) sitting in a line just north of the utility buildings. Does anyone have the slightest clue as to what they're for? Storage?

I saw them and thought "mechandise". But than I asked myself," Self, these trailers have never been there before." Then I got to thinking...could these be storage for the new steel coaster? We will find out August 12th!!!

That is exactly what they are used for. You can store one haunted attraction in one or two 50 foot semi-trailers. The only one NOT stored in a trailer is Terror Visions in 3D (Circus of Horrors), it is stored on the stage in the Festhuas. Hope this helps. -Hauntguy

somehow, that may not be the total truth. There are two major semi-trailer rental companies in cincy. REI & E&J. Kinda learned that after working for a mover, who was renting them from time to time for extra space. Why would they rent trailers, that they were going to use year after year? also, if it was truly storage space, why get trailers with wheels under them? If they only get moved once or twice a year for setting up and taking down fearfest, PKI would have to spend several hours on each trailer, just to get them to move, since with time the airbrakes on the trailers tend to clamp down, as well as losing tire pressure. If it was permanent storage, one would think they would get the overseas containers that sit right on the ground, for easier getting in and out of. I think they look more like construction storage trailers than anything else.

Ok, this is a good question but a have the right answer for it. PKI has NEVER built or desinges there own haunted attractions. They were purchased through companies that make them for entertainment pourposes. These companies are:

Larry Kirchner at Halloween Productions / Dark Rider

Leornard Pickel of Hauntrepreneurs International

Each haunt purchased comes with a semi trailer(s) to store the haunt. The reason for this is because so much of the haunt industry is run by small, independent people or bussiness. Not large amusement parks and coporate america. So these companies had to offer a way to store the attraction safely and cheaply to people who could not get a pernament location for the haunt or could not get the storage space in a building. So when PKI bought these haunts, they came with the trailers to store them. PKI only stores the Circus of Horros on the Festhaus stage because the attraction, "Psycho Path" did not come with a trailer to store the attraction in. So instead of PKI buying new trailers. They stored the trail attraction is the 3D attractions trailer. I any of this needs more ID, then I have some links to post:

www.halloweenproductions.com

&

http://www.bloodsworthmanor.com/bloodswort.../for%20sale.htm

Hope this could clear things up. -The M5 Artist

The reason that the original houses are gone, is I believe that they sent them to Kings Dominion. Kings Island was the first to have Fear Fest in 2000. Then in 2001, Kings Dominion added it. Kings Island got new haunts in 2001 when KD got the original haunts from PKI`s inaguaral season.

PKI didn't make or design any of the haunts. The companies listed in my last post made them. PKI hired a company in Cinnci to make all of there outdoor "static" props. -hauntguy

Fearfest Fact: Some, if not all, of the attractions at Fearfest are used haunted attractions.

• 2 weeks later...

HauntGuy........I don't know why you think you know so much about FearFest....because you really don't. Those trailers are not used for storage of houses. Trust me I KNOW! The flats that make up the walls of the houses are stored in a corner of each building that houses an attraction. The walls for HOD are in the building nest to the scrambler, the walls for Crypt are in the Plush Barn.....so on, so on. A lot of the stuff for the trail actually stays out there (unless it could get damaged by the weather. When PKI bought the current FearFest attractions YES there were designed by an outside company, BUT now that we have used them for years PKI has re-designed them and changed them In-House. The current attractions are far different from the originals, we change rooms around, make paths different, add/remove elements, and so-on every year. Maybe other places store there attractions in trailers, but we do not. Usually if someone buys a haunted house and the trailers they use the trailers to build the house in too....but we certainly don't do that. As for the question about the original Houses from the first year of FearFest. Those houses were from the company that does Madison SCARE Gardens in NY, they rented the houses to PKI for use that first year, after that Paramount thought it was a great idea and decided to transfer those to PKD and get new houses for PKI.

But did those trailers origanily come with the haunts. I was talking to Larry Kirchner, owner of Halloween Productions and he gave me the run down on Fearfest at PKI. So how do YOU know so much about Fearfest? What is you position at PKI to know this? Just wondering. I know PKI re-models each haunt, but I could tell you they are risking hazards by doing this. I know that the PKI staff in entertainment have years of experience and DO know what they are doing. But it takes a haunter to run a haunt. If PKI hired a team of REAL haunted house builders/designers to run fearfest, it would be 100 times better than it ever was. In the future, I am going to apply to work at PKI. Then I will work fearfest and work up to a higher position (some how). Then you guys will see what type of terror Fearfest can bring to you. Cause over the years, the some old stuff is not scary any more!.-hauntguy

I just wish that PCW had a FearFest. It's surprising that they haven't attempted to give it a try, I think it would be a hueg hit.

Even Six Flags Darien Lake has a Halloween themed weekends, so I wouldn't buy the fact that the weather would interfere too much.

Ahhh well, back to PKI again this year for FearFest.

I do hope they get newer attractions. Here is my wishlist for fearfest:

1> Remove the Crypt and add the Darkness by HPI

2> Remodel the HOD so that is longer and scarier

3> Update the COH (add more 3D and 3D capeting)

4> Keep the trail as is except add some or more covered areas

5> Maybe add a haunted corn maze or a haunted hay ride

6> More actors roaming the park (ALOT more)

7> More fearfest theming like in the good ole days and have interactive theming

8> Don't tone fearfest down just for the kids. Make it heart stopping so that the kids won't want to go through

9> Have some Fearfest themed show/pre-shows

10> Enough attractions to cover the park, not just one area

That is my wishlist as a haunter. I now this year will be great I just think that PKI could do a better job at it. -Hauntguy

hauntguy - listen to Shman - he knows what he's talking about...Are former employees allowed to spill info? rolleyes.gif Last year was the first FearFest I didn't work...so yea, I can vouch for Shman and his knowledge.

I wish they would bring the Sliders back, but I understand them being cut because of being open to a wider age range.

5> Maybe add a haunted corn maze or a haunted hay ride

Did you ride Route 666 last year? Not exactly a hay ride, but worked for me.

9> Have some Fearfest themed show/pre-shows

In the past they have had FearFest specific shows....Skaraoke (okay - kinda corny, but still) and Celebrity Slaughter - to name two.

FearFest used to cover a larger portion of the park and I did like a lot of the houses from the first year, but it makes a lot more sense to keep it centralized to one area.

Just my two cents, which actually didn't add too much...but oh well...I haven't posted in a while!

Trust me when I say I know......I can't say what my position is at the park, or anything like that....but trust me. Also PKI has a very good entertainment staff on hand and they Know what the are doing, there are not putting anyone into any type of risk by re-modeling the haunted attractions. As for this year, YES there will be a brand new attraction added to FearFest, YES there will be more stuff out in the pumpkin Patch for the kids, YES there will be more atmospheric elements, and YES the creepers will be returning (however there will not be as many as the first year).

It'd be really cool if they added that Area 51 haunted house from Hauntrepreneurs right next to Flight of Fear, it'd be a nice tie in. Too bad we can't have Route 666 this year, that was one of the neater ones I think they ever did. Does anyone remember the Museum of Horrors(PT Fear Fest attraction from the first year)? I'd love to see PKI use some of their existing attractions and make Fear Fest versions like they've done with PT and Tiques in the past.

I think it would be cool to add the Silo-X attraction from Halloween Productions Inc. right next to FoF. But the Area 51 (if you've ever went through it) is really scary, gory and disoreinting just to name a few feelings. Shman, so you work close with Fearfest and you can't name the position you work in. That's cool, I respect that. But I do have a few questions for you that I am going to PM to you. I am glad that PKI is really trying to make fearfest better. As for the Ent. Staff, I know that there are not putting anyone in harms way, that is why they went to college. But as far as creating scary/nightmarish atmospheres I think they are struggling in that department. That is what I meant by that. I think PKI should do a some sort of attraction like they did with the Museum of Horrors. That was one of the best attraction Fearfest has ever had. -Hauntguy

I have one major complaint about Fearfest. I went up once last year and noticed that there were NO actors roaming the park. This is one thing the park should do, have actors walking around screwing with people. That really makes it fun.

500 posts baby!