KI 2012 rider counts (RIP Thunder Alley?)

malem

Guest rcfreak339

:rolleyes: I totally believe it, having been to the park 20 plus times this year and seeing the lines; I call conspiracy and im contacting Jesse Ventura. <_<

Racer is almost always a walk-on, but yet delivered over 1,300,000 rides. Firehawk has an hour plus wait every single day, but has given only 650,000 rides.

Wait lines don't tally the number of actual riders.

• Like 4

It may not have done enough rides to warrant keeping it around. Also they might wana use the space for a future ride, it would be a great spot for a station on a new coaster or what not since they want to keep using sob's station for wolf haunt.

• Like 1

:rolleyes: I totally believe it, having been to the park 20 plus times this year and seeing the lines; I call conspiracy and im contacting Jesse Ventura. <_<

Racer is almost always a walk-on, but yet delivered over 1,300,000 rides. Firehawk has an hour plus wait every single day, but has given only 650,000 rides.

Wait lines don't tally the number of actual riders.

not to mention FH has a poor rider capacity thats why lines are long

• Like 1

Considering Thunder Alley closed after Labor day, and it's now removed from the website, I would bet it don't return in 2013. I bet it gets ripped apart with the rest of SOB. I wonder if we will see visible work being done by opening day 2013? I hope the rumors are true. :)

Total: 23,056,160

From Kings Island's website:

Kings Island’s attractions provided 25,681,759 rides in 2011.

Are excessive WindSeeker downtime, the absence of The Crypt, a lost week of Diamondback, and perhaps more accurate counting enough to explain the 10% (2.6M rides) drop?

Total: 23,056,160

From Kings Island's website:

Kings Island’s attractions provided 25,681,759 rides in 2011.

Are excessive WindSeeker downtime, the absence of The Crypt, a lost week of Diamondback, and perhaps more accurate counting enough to explain the 10% (2.6M rides) drop?

http://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog-article/online-fun/The-Ride-Record-Book

"The rides and attractions at Kings Island combined to give 25,371,572 rides during the park's 40th anniversary season in 2012"

Kings Island claims a number that is only about 300,000 lower than 2011.

Also from the page, "Two attractions gave a record number of rides this year: Firehawk (610,749) and WindSeeker (517,736)."

WindSeeker gave more rides than it did in 2011, so that can't be part of the drop reason.

• Like 1

"The rides and attractions at Kings Island combined to give 25,371,572 rides during the park's 40th anniversary season in 2012"

Kings Island claims a number that is only about 300,000 lower than 2011.

Ah, I didn't notice the 2012 total there, thanks. It seems I was comparing incomparable numbers rather than noticing any drop in the rider count.

My guess is that Soak City rides are included in the grand total but aren't broken out on the page. Maybe Dinosaurs Alive and Haunt walk-throughs as well - Snoopy's Splash Dance is listed as a "ride".

• 9 months later...

Interesting numbers...here's some stuff I've thought of:

#1-Diamondback could have had a record year this season for itself, had it not broken down for a week...

#2-Vortex was within striking distance of Beast. If Vortex is "unpopular" enough to be removed, than so is Beast! :o (I wonder what Big Bad Wolf's 2008, it's last full season, ridership total was...)

#3-I can see Flight Deck beating BLSC. BLSC is a capacity nightmare with its pewny trains, and Flight Deck is actually good with capacity, thanks in part to its 7-car trains and short ride time.

#4-Viking Fury whoops all other "traditional" flat rides, including the giant ones like Delirium, WindSeeker and Drop Tower! :P (Granted, all 3 of those had serious downtime in 2012, but still...)

Well, that is all from me. ^_^

Why was Diamondback down?