Your best trip of the season?

TheBEASTunchained

I did Coasting for Kids for the first time this year and that was great because it was my first time to meet members of KIC. I met up with Indyguy at the park one day and we had fun that day. I also went to Haunt for my first time and met members that day as well. Of all my visits though, I have to say my favorite trip of all was closing day, we had so much fun that day at the park. Especially the final ride of the season on The Beast, thanks again Crypt for riding with me, it was fun. I'm happy to say that I made friends this year with Indyguy, Malem, jcgoble, Ohiocolts and TheCrypt. I hope to see them all again next year.

• Like 5

There are favorite things about every trip I've taken...I'll just list the highlights of each trip.

May 16
-First trip of mine for the season
-Ending up on my favorite train on Vortex (which is Train #2) for my first Vortex ride of the season
-Walking on to Drop Tower right when the announcement was made that the park was closed for the evening.

May 24
-First trip of the year with a friend (a non-KICer)
-Getting off of WindSeeker less than a minute before closing (7:59)
-Running like the wind (no pun intended) to Vortex during the 30 seconds left before the park closed at 8
-Caught the last train of the day just in time to be declared Last Vortex Rider of Thursday, May 24. :)
-Coincidentally, Train #2 was the last train of the day in which I was last rider of the day on...

July 10
-Vortex's Train #1's screeching (it. was. earsplitting!)
-First night ride on WindSeeker!
-First ride on Vortex that evening was on Train #2 (again!)
-Fireworks while waiting in Vortex's station--Train #1 was in the station at the moment and it was held up a little during the show
-When I board, the fireworks END, RIGHT WHEN THE RIDE STARTS! I still claim that I got a fireworks ride on Vortex, though.

August 4
-Not knowing that it was a KIC day (I didn't join KIC until 11 days later!)
-Another trip with friends (also non-KICers)
-Going to Soak City for the very first time :D
-Being the most hyper I've ever been while around Vortex (don't ask)
-Fireworks ride on Adventure Express!!
-Very bumpy (and really awesome!) night ride on Racer!

August 13
-An entire abundance of mediocrity plagued my first ride of the day on Vortex (in other words, it got a little "boring.")
-I figure out a solution while riding Vortex's neighbor, WindSeeker.
-I try riding in the back on Vortex for the first time since fall 2011. It works!

September 3 (Labor Day Monday)
-Dollar Days!
-Hot, fresh, and truly awesome LaRosa's Pizza!
-It was drizzling
-One of my rides on WindSeeker was during the drizzle-it felt SOOOO GOOD to have a 30 mph mist blowing in my face! :P
-Vortex had a 20 minute long technical delay.
-My 100th ride on Vortex! Train #1 had the special honor of taking me on that 100th ride. :)
-Scored front seat on last train of the day!
-Hugged Train #1 afterwards. I couldn't resist! <3

October 14
-Scored 18 (straight!) rides on Vortex that day--a new personal record!
-Hot and fresh french fries and chicken nuggets with ketchup and honey mustard.
-The food cost $9! (unreal!)
-From the 6th Vortex ride of the day to the 16th ride, it rained (there was actually supposed to be a thunderstorm, but all the park got was a rain shower. Not even a flash of lightning nor a rumble of thunder could be heard that day!)

October 21
-First ERT visit since October 2010
-Vortex opened 10 minutes late due to slight testing issues (NOT temperature)
-First rider of the day!
-First ever BLSC ride!

October 28
-3rd Closing Day in a row that I've been to KI
-Meeting five fellow KICers: malem, ohiocolts, Beastie1980, DiamondAceExpress and jcgoble3
-riding Sling Shot with ohiocolts (really fun!!)
-Double ride on Adventure Express with Beastie1980
-Second ride of the double ride: there were only KICers on the AE train! (why was I the only one having my hands up throughout the entire ride??)
-Double ride on Vortex, also with Beastie1980 (it was a triple for me; I could not resist riding another time in row 2-1. I mean, Train #2 (the train we rode on) was literally beckoning me as if she were saying, "Just one more ride; then you can go to Flight of Fear!")
-Riding with Beastie1980 on Flight of Fear and Diamondback
-Catching what was actually Vortex's 2nd to last train of the year (Train #3 was the last, and it was carrying only TWO passengers!) At least I was on Train #2's last trainload of passengers for the season! :)
-Hugging Train #2 after the last ride <3

I'm happy to say that I made friends this year with Indyguy, Malem, jcgoble, Ohiocolts and TheCrypt. I hope to see them all again next year.

Uh, Beastie1980, I think you might have forgotten someone. ;)

Edited by VortexBFForever
  • Like 3

Ok, I'll try to list all the KICentral members I've met this year. (I'll probably miss a few)

*KingsIslandPR

*IndyGuy4KI

*XGatorHead8904 (Or something like that)

*jcgoble3

*jlopez

*Fire-Beast-Of-Fear

*Joncars05

*Dudecoasterman

*MDMC01 (I think)

*Gabe

*pkiboy

*Original

*malem

*stashua123

*Beastie1980

*Gordan Bombay

*DiamondAceExpress

*Vortexfreak

*Spongebob

*TheCrypt

*VortexBFForever

And there's gotta be some people I missed. Otherwise, that's 22 people. Let me know if I missed you.

• Like 7

My husband and I went with my cousin, Kramer. That was a blast. Always pose for the photographers at the gate, because you don't know of that's the day you want to remember forever.

My dad hates those photographers. xD Every time we go, they say "please stop and squeeze together!". My dad usally says "sorry, I work for the CSI, my picture cannot be taken". Every time they say sorry, or somthhing along the lines of that. Works every time. xD

p.s- Nice topic TheBEASTunchained, ;)

• Like 2

There are favorite things about every trip I've taken...I'll just list the highlights of each trip.

May 16

-Ending up on my favorite train on Vortex (which is Train #2) for my first Vortex ride of the season

-Walking on to Drop Tower right when the announcement was made that the park was closed for the evening.

May 24

-Running like the wind (no pun intended) to Vortex during the 30 seconds left before the park closed at 8

-Caught the last train of the day just in time to be declared Last Vortex Rider of Thursday, May 24. :)

-Coincidentally, Train #2 was the last train of the day in which I was last rider of the day on...

-Hugged Train #2 after the last ride <3

July 10

-Train #1's screeching (it. was. earsplitting!)

-Fireworks while waiting in Vortex's station--Train #1 was in the station at the moment and it was held up a little during the show

-When I board, the fireworks END, RIGHT WHEN THE RIDE STARTS! I still claim that I got a fireworks ride on Vortex, though.

August 4

-Being the most hyper I've ever been while around Vortex (does that ride have laughing gas or something??)

August 13

-An entire abundance of mediocrity plagued my first ride of the day on Vortex (in other words, it got a little "boring.")

-I try riding in the back on Vortex for the first time since fall 2011. It works!

-Dollar Days!

-It was drizzling

-One of my rides on WindSeeker was during the drizzle-it felt SOOOO GOOD to have a 30 mph mist blowing in my face! :P

-My 100th ride on Vortex! Train #1 had the special honor of taking me on that 100th ride. :)

October 14

-From the 6th Vortex ride of the day to the 16th ride, it rained (there was actually supposed to be a thunderstorm, but all the park got was a rain shower. Not even a flash of lightning nor a rumble of thunder could be heard that day!)

October 21

-First rider of the day!

-First ever BLSC ride!

October 28

-Meeting five fellow KICers: malem, ohiocolts, Beastie1980, DiamondAceExpress and jcgoble3

-Second ride of the double ride: there were only KICers on the AE train! (why was I the only one having my hands up throughout the entire ride??)

-Double ride on Vortex, also with Beastie1980 (it was a triple for me; I could not resist riding another time in row 2-1. I mean, Train #2 (the train we rode on) was literally beckoning me as if she were saying, "Just one more ride; then you can go to Flight of Fear!")

-Catching what was actually Vortex's 2nd to last train of the year (Train #3 was the last, and it was carrying only TWO passengers!) At least I was on Train #2's last trainload of passengers for the season! :)

I'm happy to say that I made friends this year with Indyguy, Malem, jcgoble, Ohiocolts and TheCrypt. I hope to see them all again next year.

Oops, sorry!! I just met so many people that day I was confused. I had a great time riding with you, wish you could have been there sooner.

• Like 2

My best day at the park was on the 4th of July. Coasterfanatic2012 and I won the twitter contest for 4 VIP tickets. We used them on the 4th of July and brought our girlfriends. We just sat on the rides for as long as we wanted. Coasterfanatic and I sat on Diamondback for probably an hour straight at one point. Our tour guide, Amanda, was super nice and it was like having another friend in our group. She was awesome. After our session ended, we swam around in the lazy river and relaxed until the fireworks. The fireworks were great.

The only complaints I had for that day was they never gave us our free drink wristbands and Drop Tower was closed the whole day. It was still the best day at Kings Island EVER!

• Like 4

I went to Kings Island three times this year and all three trips were great.

June 15th: The first time I had gone to Kings Island in about ten years. I went with some friends of mine and they forced me to ride Diamondback and it was too much for me to handle ha ha. I rode some great rides that day and had a great time.

June 26th: I went with the same group of friends and we went to Soak City for the first time and I really liked it. I also saw the American Country show. I love country music and the show was awesome.

September 3rd: Once again I went with the same friends. They had gold passes, I didn't. I rode The Racer for the first time in quite a while. The last time I rode it was when it went backwards in the late 90's. The last thing we did was ride The Beast. They forced me to ride it and im glad they did because it was the most fun I have ever had on a roller coaster.

I can't pick a favorite trip of those three.

• Like 5

My husband and I went with my cousin, Kramer. That was a blast. Always pose for the photographers at the gate, because you don't know of that's the day you want to remember forever.

My dad hates those photographers. xD Every time we go, they say "please stop and squeeze together!". My dad usally says "sorry, I work for the CSI, my picture cannot be taken". Every time they say sorry, or somthhing along the lines of that. Works every time. xD

p.s- Nice topic TheBEASTunchained, ;)

I don't mind it. We usually do extreme Old Hollywood poses. Besides, it's the kid's job.

Almost every time I've gone this year, it was fairly quiet in the park. I've been spoiled! After school on a day in May, many, many ert days, a cold and rainy Haunt night, October Sundays. It was fun going to ert in the summer, then going to Soak City at 10:30 am with our hand stamp. The guy there could hardly believe we'd already ridden several coasters before getting to the water park before it opened.

• Like 2

May 16

May 24

-Hugged Train #2 after the last ride <3

July 10

-Train #1's screeching (it. was. earsplitting!)

August 4

-Being the most hyper I've ever been while around Vortex (does that ride have laughing gas or something??)

August 13

-Dollar Days!

-It was drizzling

October 14

October 21

-First rider of the day!

-First ever BLSC ride!

October 28

You really hug the coaster? I've never seen that! Maybe next year I can ride it with you!

• Like 1

My best day at the park was on the 4th of July. Coasterfanatic2012 and I won the twitter contest for 4 VIP tickets. We used them on the 4th of July and brought our girlfriends. We just sat on the rides for as long as we wanted. Coasterfanatic and I sat on Diamondback for probably an hour straight at one point. Our tour guide, Amanda, was super nice and it was like having another friend in our group. She was awesome. After our session ended, we swam around in the lazy river and relaxed until the fireworks. The fireworks were great.

The only complaints I had for that day was they never gave us our free drink wristbands and Drop Tower was closed the whole day. It was still the best day at Kings Island EVER!

Yes. All of this.

• Like 1