You Do The Darnest Things

fanofFirehawk

Have you or your family or freinds or anybody you have went to Kings Island with done anything funny or out of the ordinary?

When I with my freinds during the haunt and you know all the people they have walking around, well scotty was going up to all of them saying

" :) HIGH FIVE !! :) "

Some times they obliged sometimes he was denide but there was a guy in Action Zone (not employeed by Cedar Fair Entertainment Co) and scott asked " WHAT ARE YOU SUPPOSEDTO BE " the guy just stared at him it was kind of funny but also kind of scary.

When I was at Cedar Point, someone kept changing the Disaster Transport sign to read a wait time of 2 hours, and I reset it to something reasonable every time I walked by. Unlike almost every other queue in the park, this one had an unstaffed entrance, so anyone could walk by and adjust it. The line was barely reaching the stairs, probably because so many people were turned off by that sign!

This was after the "leak" that DT was being demolished, but before the official announcement, so I didn't want some selfish person's mini-marathon denying others their last rides.

DT's final queue configuration had a wait time of about 30 minutes from the building entrance with good operation, so anything much longer than that without a line extending outside was nonsensical.

I sit on the handrails sometimes. :ph34r:

Have you been scolded by a ride op? ("You, in the <color> shirt!")

• Like 2

Not specifically at Kings Island, but because of Kings Island... Ever since the Paramount Rides were given their new names (i.e.- Drop Tower, Backlot, Flight Deck) I have an extremely difficult time calling The Italian Job (movie) by its real name. 9 times out of 10 I end up saying, 'I really want to watch Backlot, I love that movie.'

• Like 6

I find myself listening to "Right Now" by Van Halen while watching POVs of Drop Tower in the offseason...

I don't even care for Drop Tower... But I LOVE that song. Also, every Gyro Drop I build in Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 gets synced to that song. And every Suspended Swinger gets synced to "Arrival to Earth" From the Transformers score. True story.

• Like 1

Thanks to coasterfanatic2012's girlfriend, I count every person wearing a fanny pack during every visit.

I always wear a fanny pack! So if you ever visit KI when I'm there too, I guess I may get counted. If I ever get "sighted." :D

My contribution to the topic:

During my 9/30/07 visit, I didn't notice that the Fairly Odd Coaster's air gates moved by themselves until I was next in line. After the people in front of me got on, the gate started to close and I, as a surprised 8 year old, was standing in the way a teeny little bit. I actually pushed against the gate (thinking I could move it :P) but I ended up being pushed back into the queue by the gate. :lol:

• Like 2

My friend and I made several visits to KI this summer and have developed a little game over these visits. We find a good group of guys our age (17/18) and hold their hands without warning. Most of the time they go with it and let us walk a ways holding their hands, but sometimes they flinch away (crazy, right?). I have also sat on a couple laps. I'd say "excuse me" and act like I was going to sit next to them, but then I'd just sit in their lap. The reactions are priceless.

You need to be more restrained in public. Not only could you provoke a less than friendly or gentle reaction in some, it is possible, be it unlikely at Kings Island, there could be other unpleasant repercussions from such actions.

I can only imagine what may very well happen if you did this at Magic Mountain, Great Adventure or Six Flags Over Georgia.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

From the ride pics, it looked like the smurfs returned to KI....

How much can possibly get on your hands while eating an ice cream cone? And you had the guts to stand there and look at ride photos after splattering those behind you?

I'm sure those next in line weren't very happy with you either, after you presumably left them with a very sticky seat belt.

During Haunt days, i would go into the park as a guest and scare the people in one of the coaster lines by telling them that the Haunt monsters are known for taking people from the ride lines and eatting the brains of the guests they take. Some fell for it. It was funny saying that to a bunch of teen girls and then seeing the same girls go though my Haunt that same night. They didn't know who i was because of my makeup. But when i said i'm going to eat your brains, they ran like mad. Lol. That's bad i know. Lol.

• Like 3