Dinosaurs Alive updated in 2013?

bengalsguy23

Didn't see this posted anywhere (correct me if i'm wrong) but on Kings Islands whats new page at the bottom there is Dinosaurs Alive with a caption that says this:

More details to come, but the World's Largest Animatronic Dinosaur Park will be even bigger in 2013. Don't miss your chance to step back in time during your visit to Kings Island next season.

Link:

http://www.visitking....com/what-s-new

Didn't see this posted anywhere (correct me if i'm wrong) but on Kings Islands whats new page at the bottom there is Dinosaurs Alive with a caption that says this:

Are you asking to be corrected if you are wrong about it being on the bottom of the new at KI page? If so, then no, you are correct.

If you were asking whether you saw it posted anywhere, I don't know if you saw that it was already posted in the new for 2013 thread.

Perhaps Cedar Fair's most beloved historic dinosaur will be memorialized in this latest addition.

Terp, trying to be good...

If trying to keep with being authentic, it wouldn't be tall enough, loud enough, or scary enough - however, you'd have the wealthiest dinosaur ever!

^ On the contrary--wouldn't the Kinzelsaurus be the tallest and fastest dinosaur in the country?

I'd guess we'll see the Flame-osaurus Rex from 2011 finally appear in the trail, along with some modifications of the existing animatronics to keep it fresh. If they do any additions, it'll probably be in the trees circled by the current path.

• Like 3

^ On the contrary--wouldn't the Kinzelsaurus be the tallest and fastest dinosaur in the country?

I'd guess we'll see the Flame-osaurus Rex from 2011 finally appear in the trail, along with some modifications of the existing animatronics to keep it fresh. If they do any additions, it'll probably be in the trees circled by the current path.

Oh - I forgot - in addition to this one extra dino, there will be a concession stand installed along the path 'cos you gotta eat!

• Like 4

Oh - I forgot - in addition to this one extra dino, there will be a concession stand installed along the path 'cos you gotta eat!

I know your just joking about the concession stand, but it got me thinking......... It would be kinda neat if KI built a sit down restaurant back there and themed it along the lines of dinos and/or jungle theme.

• Like 5

I'm not expecting anything more than a handful of new animatronics or a new play area... at most.

Or maybe just a few signs, with a few more elephant ears, maybe someone who was from the Coney Island era roaming around being a dinosaur, saying "Rawr, I'm a dinosaur". (pun intended)

The more that I think of it, the last time I have heard these jokes, I fell off my dinosaur.

• Like 1

In all seriousness, after studying the Google Maps image, a coaster installation that ties in with DA isnt that far-fetched at all. Have the station in the general area between/behind AE and FoF, with it travelling southeast alongside Firehawk, with an overbank turn across the service road where the boneyard currently is. I could see it being a wing-rider with the name Pterodactyl or something of that sort.

• Like 5

In all seriousness, after studying the Google Maps image, a coaster installation that ties in with DA isnt that far-fetched at all. Have the station in the general area between/behind AE and FoF, with it travelling southeast alongside Firehawk, with an overbank turn across the service road where the boneyard currently is. I could see it being a wing-rider with the name Pterodactyl or something of that sort.

So then we would have to pay 5 dollars every visit we would want to ride it.

Guest Department47

In all seriousness, after studying the Google Maps image, a coaster installation that ties in with DA isnt that far-fetched at all.

No, it still is far-fetched. Looking at an aerial map and realizing there's open space somewhere doesn't make it any less unlikely.

• Like 2

Having over 11 years of commercial construction experience as a Union Journeyman Electrician (as my name alludes) and I am quite aware of what is involved with the logistics of clearing an area that has a large amount of trees, and possibly less-than-ideal topographical conditions. I was, and still am, referring to the possibility of placing a coaster in that area. They did it with Beast in 1979, they sure as H**l can do it there in 2012/13/14. Would it be an EASY undertaking? Not really, and with the much more clear area where SOB used to reside, it is not likely. THAT part of your statement I will agree with. Im truly not trying to be a jerk-off here (there are three too many of those on this site as it is), but I have read enough of your previous posts that I feel I am justified in making a statement about the lack of tact in a good number of them. Now, if you are, or were in some way connected with the park or the industry (which I have a feeling you are, due to who I think you may be and simply using a newly created profile/username) then stating such would go a long way in solidifying your credibility, as I did in the beginning of my post. I truly do apologize if I am seeming to come off harsh, and I could possibly be reading too much into the statement due to the inherent lack of ability to read emotion/intent in a written word as opposed to a spoken one, but I simply had to get it off my chest and out in the open. I would also like to reply to CoasterGeeks statement, and say that COULD possibly be avoided by creating a path to access the ride without actually going through the DA attraction.

• Like 4