Dinosaurs Alive updated in 2013?

bengalsguy23

OK - I hope CF doesn't think that interest in DA is gonna last forever - even with "updates". Therefore, something else will have to take it's place (maybe Disney, being that Mr. Q has ties there, would loan the Presidents from "The Hall Of" to take the place of the dinos for a few years?)

But seriously, to get all whooped-up. building coasters and such that are dino themed, I don't think that that "theme" is gonna be en vogue all that much longer.

- just my thoughts

"French Fry Coaster" with the cars looking like steak fries and you get squirted with malt vinegar at the end as you splash down into a pool of Red Gold ketchup! And if you get hungry while riding, you can nibble on the safety bar! The ride pictures will be placed in a cardboard frame that looks like a ketchup bottle - the picture placed where the big front label would be. Oh my gosh - all kids of possibilities!

• Like 6

I don't see this happening anytime soon.....But, Anybody wanna see a Dinosaur themed coaster back there?

If we get that Giga that has been rumored, it could be called Gigasaurus!

Prepare yourself, imagination is about to happen.

YES! Im thinking green would be a cool color. Then at the end, it could slow down into a tunnel (like maverick) and there would be like a tererium filled with anamitronic dinosaurs, and stuff of the sort, then take off really fast agian.

Oh, man, you're estimate was spot-on!

Dinohuge.png

:ph34r:

That is ALOT of dino. The area almost looks like it as big as that chunk of KI in the picture. Too much of anything is never good. Sorry SonofBaconador

DA is also yet another way to make a field trip to the park "educational", which I'm sure is helpful in marking to schools.

Besides that, It's something the entire family can do together, and it offers a break from the hustle and bustle of the more-typical amusement park attractions. The fact that it's expanding to yet more parks after 2 years at KI says a lot about its continued success among its target audience.

Will adding a few new Dinos bring in more people? Make people visit again if they have before?

KI said that this area would receive periodic updates to keep it fresh when they first announced it last year. If you want families to keep paying to visit an exhibit year after year, you have to keep it updated.

I don't see this happening anytime soon.....But, Anybody wanna see a Dinosaur themed coaster back there?

That's not the place for a high-capacity attraction - DA's admission is designed to keep crowds thin. (Specifically, re-entry isn't allowed.)

Expanding the dinosaur theme to a third "attraction" beyond DA and Action Theater could be interesting, though. It would certainly increase interest in DA.

• Like 3

Malem, I agree 100% with you on how an attraction like DA can give a nice, much needed break from the hustle and bustle. I am actually going to make a point of going through DA at KI, CP, and WoF this year when I am at the parks. It will be my first time through any of them (obviously on WoF since 2013 will be the first year of the attraction there), and I think it will give me a nice break and much needed isolation from time spent in coaster queues.

• Like 1

Brian, I had thought something like that after seeing the Swarm at Thorpe, too. That would so cool. Ohio can be so rainforest, that a theme like that would work. I wish it could be. Action Zone needs a kick in the butt.

It would be great if it had the crowd swoop detail like DB, where sections go over the midway. I love to see the riders fly by as I'm on my way to The Beast.

Like everyone else, I've been keeping my eye on all the Cedar Faire parks, and besides the WindSeeker, I've noticed they alternate their renovations. This year CP gets Gatekeeper, maybe next year you'll see your vision come to KI.

• Like 1

Is it a cart like one would see in Mister Toads Wild Ride? Like a Hushpuppy?

I don't know about it being for the actual Dino Park though, since the big deal about the Dino's Alive is the interactive element, but I've been wrong more than right.

I see it's got the holdy on gear underneath for tracks.

Is it a cart like one would see in Mister Toads Wild Ride? Like a Hushpuppy?

I don't know about it being for the actual Dino Park though, since the big deal about the Dino's Alive is the interactive element, but I've been wrong more than right.

I see it's got the holdy on gear underneath for tracks.

Thought.....You saying Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.....Maybe have a dark ride through the dino era, only funny and light, unlike Disney's Dino ride, which is so jerky, you can't see anything.

• Like 1