Not renewing season pass

Guest Lill' Brian

Guest Lill' Brian

Yeah i was at the press conference this morning, and everybody cheered it was bs. I asked the woman in the suit how fast it would go and she said a mind boggling 40mph. That is bs. They could have made it faster. Look at Cedar Point, they have all kinds of family coasters for families. PKI says they want to cater to families. they do they have enough kids rides. Kids don't really care what the hell they ride. Grownups are the ones that pay adult prices and who drives from miles around to come to a park. If you polled people at Cedar Point. Families and unmarried people alike would say that they came for rides like MF and TTD. Lines for beast and sob combined on a sat afternoon is not even as long as the line is for mf or ttd during a weekday.

I will not renew my pass, i will get a cp pass for next season. i would rather drive up there 3 times during the summer than go to pki 30 times like i have this summer, and also i will not be back to pki for the remainder of the summer. I thought about going up to jeff siebert and throwing my current season passes in his face and telling him that i will be walking up to the 2005 season pass ticket place and walking right on past it and never coming back. PKI has lost a loyal guest.

Looks like somebody needs to call the waaaahhhhhhhaaaaaambulance!

It's not that big, so what? It will still be a great ride. Speed and height doesn't make a great ride. Look at Superman at SFMM. People HATE that ride, and for a long time it was the tallest and fastest coaster in the world. I'll take a great experience over a short and fast ride anyday.

So you're a person who only wants the companies to go bigger and faster than anything else. Eventually all that big and fast will kill someone.

I look at it this way. Do you want a ride that will last 30 seconds like TTD or do you want something that might last 5minutes, something that would make it worth waiting in line for over an hour for.

I will not renew my pass, i will get a cp pass for next season.

And I'm sure the park will be terribly upset about losing someone like you as a customer.

I thought about going up to jeff siebert and throwing my current season passes in his face and telling him that i will be walking up to the 2005 season pass ticket place and walking right on past it and never coming back.

See, that's what I don't get. PKI goes out of their way on their big day to extend an open invitation to folks other than the media. Inevitably, a couple of whiny babies show up and make comments like this. Sometimes, I wonder why PKI bothers to keep doing it. It truly shows what a class act they are.

PKI has lost a loyal guest.

Funny, a loyal guest to me is one who supports the park and is excited for them, no matter what. You might not like what the park is getting, but unlike most parks these days, they continue to sink millions of dollars into the park each year for new rides and improvements. Maybe they shouldn't spend a dime for a few years and then perhaps you'd appreciate things a little more.

Italian Job will be a huge hit for PKI.

I was considering a season pass. Now, after I see what PKI is getting for next year, I am definitely getting a pass. People complain about no coaster, then gripe about it when they do build one. Guess you can't satisfy everyone. I don't care about the speed. I just want this to be a long ride, which I am guessing it will be. Hope they keep the theming up as well.

I'm suprised that a person could say they aren't going to renew their pass just because we didn't get a ride that breaks records but also is broken down more than it's open. I think this ride will be a great addition to the park even though I was hoping for a huge steel B+M or Intamin coaster myself. The thing I don't understand about the whining is that this ride will be a great help to generating more money for the park and make a huge steel coaster more possible in the future. Once again great job to PKI and all its crew.

Heres all I am gonna say on the matter. If you don't like it don't come. Please proceed to not post again on the site also.

Its going to be a fun ride. I think the theming will be top notch. I think it will be fast fun and exciting. I LIKE IT.

PKI doesn't need a huge coaster to bring in the crowds. This is DIFFERENT and thats what counts.

user posted image

Now everyone else ITS OPEN SEASON! Flame away!

I never said anything bad about the new ride. I think it is neat. I'm still going to get a season pass next year, but I will make my yearly trip to Cedar Point as well. Different Strokes for Different Folks I guess. I won't be there on opening day, because it will be to crowded, but I'll make my guest appearance sometime in May. I knew it was going to be the Italian Job Coaster, I've been saying it for over a month and got bashed for it, also I said tiques would be gone so all of you people that didnt believe me and thought I was crazy, maybe next year you'll believe me?

I am moving to Louisville in the fall and was only going to get a SFKK season pass. After going to the park and hearing the announcement today, I am going to get BOTH a SFKK and PKI season pass.

And I must say that any coaster would have been a good coaster at this point, but PKI outdid themselves and gave us a GREAT coaster.

This is how I see it...

PKI is genius for announcing a coaster that will be heavily themed, along with being a ride for the entire family. Having a ride for the ENTIRE family, and not just teenagers and thrill junkies means they will be getting more people through the gate, and therefore more money. It's no wonder that PKI can basically turn out the same kind of attendence stats as Cedar Point when PKI puts in a $8 million attraction, and CP puts in a $30 million attraction.

So to anyone who wants to cry and complain that PKI isn't like CP building pointless coasters just to have the "-est" records... go ahead and complain to the park all they want. PKI isn't CP and never will be like them.

(PS - Yes, I'm still alive for all of those who have been wondering where I have been wink.gif )

Wow...the 2006 betting has begun!! What a quick trip the 2005 announcement was...

I personally am pumped for this ride. It looks S-W-E-E-T, and looks like it could fit right in Islands of Adventure, which is the whole point, if I'm not mistaken. I'm even more enticed to renew my '04 pass.