Out with the old...

YarzRevenge

I just wanted to make a note to see if anyone else feels as sad as I do about what is lost every year in the name of expansion...

Gone Forever ..... Replaced By.... Year...

Ant. Cars Stunt Track.... 2005

Speed Slides Racing Slides 2004

Phontom Theater Scooby Doo 2003

King Cobra Delirium 2003

Keelboat Canal TR:TR 2002

Jelly Bean Bowl, Grand Prix - Nic. Cent. 1995

Smurfs Phantom Theater 1992

Flying Dutchman Adventure Express 1991

Zodiac Flight Commander 1990

Screamon Demon Amazon Falls 1988

Just to name a few.

I remember the first time I went to Kings Island. I road V.T. Land. The tumble Bug, Scrappy's Farm, the Ferris wheel and the witch's culdrens. I also watched the puppet tree like 3 - 4 times. I also remember when you could get Real Ice Cream (not soft serve) In line for The Beast.

Thats it, I love the new rides but I feel we should stop and shead a tear for the old times once and a while too.

Marc...And I'm only 28, Ha!

Yes, it's very sad. Especially with so many great flats lost, I really wish PKI would take a year off from building huge attractions and you know, like add something for the kids then a couple classic flats around Coney. Latest word I'm hearing on Tiques is though they probably won't be back by 2005, they will more than likely return under a new theme in 2006. Also, it appears as though the Eagles may be on the chopping block, though due to their popularity it appears as though they will just be moved. One other thing, do keep in mind most of the rides removed had maintenance issues, and were not worth keeping anyways. Still, it is sad, but there replacements do kick a$$!

I just wanted to make a note to see if anyone else feels as sad as I do about what is lost every year in the name of expansion...

Gone Forever ..... Replaced By.... Year...

Ant. Cars Stunt Track.... 2005

Speed Slides Racing Slides 2004

Phontom Theater Scooby Doo 2003

King Cobra Delirium 2003

Keelboat Canal TR:TR 2002

Jelly Bean Bowl, Grand Prix - Nic. Cent. 1995

Smurfs Phantom Theater 1992

Flying Dutchman Adventure Express 1991

Zodiac Flight Commander 1990

Screamon Demon Amazon Falls 1988

Just to name a few.

I remember the first time I went to Kings Island. I road V.T. Land. The tumble Bug, Scrappy's Farm, the Ferris wheel and the witch's culdrens. I also watched the puppet tree like 3 - 4 times. I also remember when you could get Real Ice Cream (not soft serve) In line for The Beast.

Thats it, I love the new rides but I feel we should stop and shead a tear for the old times once and a while too.

Marc...And I'm only 28, Ha!

The cars will be back.

The speed slides sucked and I prefer the Racing Slides

PT was old and really dated. Scooby is cool

King Cobra HAD to be removed as it reached the end of its life expectancy

KCKC: Flop Why have 2 flumes?

Smurfs when you lose the licence you can't use it any more

SD: Popularity wained after Vortex was opened. Congo is a good ride.

ALL parks change.

I know there were good reasons for a lot of rides being removed, I just wanted to think back on them...

"KCKC: Flop Why have 2 flumes?"

hmmm, for the same reason you have more than one Rollercoaster...

The ride never did well you skinbag. Plus it was breaking down all the time towards the end.

Plus every rollercoaster c an give a different exprence.

skinbag

Never heard that one. Is it supposed to be funny? Sorry, Q, but it did do well. Every time I queued up for it, there was an extremely long wait. Maybe not in its' last few years, but it definitely had long lines every time I was there.

Not only did it have long lines, but it was a VERY different experience than Wild Thornberries and the drop was bigger. I liked KCKC.

• 10 years later...