Cedar Fair Sells San Diego Water Park to SeaWorld

SANDUSKY, Ohio, Nov. 20, 2012 — /PRNewswire/ -- Cedar Fair Entertainment Company (NYSE: FUN), a leader in regional amusement parks, water parks and active entertainment, today announced that it has sold Knott's Soak City – San Diego, a stand alone water park in Southern California, to a subsidiary of SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed and are not material to Cedar Fair's results of operations. The sale of the San Diego water park has no impact on the Company's other properties located in California.

"For this particular property, a unique opportunity presented itself to team with SeaWorld to offer a premium product to its guests in the San Diego region," said Matt Ouimet, president and chief executive officer. "The net proceeds from this sale will be reinvested in our core assets including the multi-year refreshment of our hotel properties in Sandusky, Ohio that was announced earlier this month."

^ Cedar Fair is concentrating resources on its core assets, where management believes the biggest growth potential exists. This standalone water park, nowhere near Knott's Berry Farm, was not a core asset of Cedar Fair.

Do you know how much it was sold for?

The San Diego assessor has the land and improvements valued at just over $20M, so it's reasonable to assume that Cedar Fair got at least that much. Perhaps not-so-coincidentally, this is very close to the estimated annual expenditure for hotel renovations at Cedar Point.

Great move on Cedar Fair's part, another Soak City bites the dust, its ironic how BB leaves a year before a SC leaves in San Diego.

I'm glad Boomerang Bay is gone.

It was old, crusty & needed refreshing.

I think we can say that about many waterparks.

• Like 1

Great move on Cedar Fair's part, another Soak City bites the dust, its ironic how BB leaves a year before a SC leaves in San Diego.

I'm glad Boomerang Bay is gone.

It was old, crusty & needed refreshing.

I think we can say that about many waterparks.

No.

Just Boomerang Bay.

• Like 4