A Backstage Look at Dent Schoolhouse

CoasterGeek101

So, many of you may think this crazy, but this is what I was doing INSTEAD of Kings Island on Closing Day. My mom said since I was previously sick all week, that going to Kings Island and riding roller coasters in 40 degree temperatures would only make it worse. I could go, but couldn't ride anything, so I didn't bother going. We were going to Cinci to visit my grandparents, but I said what the heck, why not stop at Dent Schoolhouse on the way. Here are some pictures showing the horror of the schoolhouse, taken with permission.

5654446_orig.jpg?0

2060642_orig.jpg?0

457622_orig.jpg?0

1593632_orig.jpg?0

1824968_orig.jpg?0

1661985_orig.jpg?0

8822557_orig.jpg?0

4656037_orig.jpg?0

2604198.jpg?683

A Full Trip Report can be found here: http://www.haunttour...choolhouse.html

• Like 7

Very cool photos, I live really close to the Dent Schoolhouse, but unfortunately wasn't able to make it there this year. During the nights it's open, from my deck I can hear the people screaming as they run out the exit, sounds like the screams are coming from the woods behind my house... kind of eerie.

But the Schoolhouse is a great haunted house and the owners seem to put a lot of time and effort into it. I see them up there pretty consistently, just the other night I drove by and all the show effects were on. Anyways, thanks again for posting these, I've always wanted to go on a lights on tour of a haunted house!

• Like 1

To answer the question posted on the other site about the validity of the clown portion in the house, it's your standard PTA carnival seen at many a school fundraiser. Tying in with the overall story of the Schoolhouse, the carnival is billed as a ruse to keep kids' minds off the string of disappearances plaguing the school itself. Of course, given the wicked, warped nature of the schoolhouse itself, the carnival has less friendly and more sinister clowns behind the game booths.

Very cool review. I went to this haunt a few years ago and to this day it's the best single haunt I've ever been to. They really scared the crap out of me, haha. A lot of fun. I think I enjoyed Halloween Horror Nights better as a complete event, but this is definitely my favorite haunt.

• Like 2