Your SoB memories

Sonofbeast2.0

My favorite memory of Son of Beast is the first time I saw it while being a kid and seeing the huge loop while riding Adventure Express, and thinking as I heard the people scream going down the first drop thinking I'll never ride that ever!

And I never did even though I regret that now, at the time it literallly scared the living daylights out of me! Son of Beast had me scared for life and its huge wooden structure though and its presence is my favorite Kings Island memory from when I was a kid and I'll always have nostalgia and Son of Beast will always hold a special place in my heart as a scary wooden monster more intense than its father! MaestroJr

• Like 2

I remember just how smooth the loop was.  I remember getting beaten up and walking off the ride in pain every time.  I remember just how large and imposing the ride looked.

But the memory that has always stood out to me was something that I saw after the ride.  I remember walking down the exit and running across a parent and child.  They had also recently gotten off of the ride and were sitting on a park bench.  The kid was just sitting there crying because they were in pain from getting beaten up by the ride.  I have ran into people who were scared of rides before but this just felt different.  I stopped and spoke with the parent for several minutes.  I cannot remember anything which was said but I think back on that encounter and hope that it did not cause the child to stop wanting to visit amusement parks or ride roller coasters.

• Like 3

It was at a haunt, and I had time to choose one more ride before close. Drop Tower or SOB. Both looked scary and It was a haunt event , so I picked SOB. I said to my self, " if there is no line then I will try it." Well there was no line, a walk on no less. I then teased," if I can fit into the seat I will do it." I fit oh no. Well if I can click the seat belt then I will ride. Oops it fits. I change my mind. ALL CLEAR ENJOY YOUR NIGHT RIDE ON THE SOB. When the ride was over I jumped the rail for one more ride. I forgot the park was closed and the entrance was closed off, but some other guest were in line and I heard one of the employees on the phone ask " which one jumped into line? I guess they couldn't figure it out and let us all go for the last ride. I fell in love with this ride .

Note: I do not condone breaking rules, but my first ride caused me to lose all senses. The next season I rode it 37 times before it's sad closure. 

• Like 5