Pee Wee Valley

When I was a little kid, growing up in the late 50's and early 60's, my parents use to take my sister and me to a small kiddie amusement park named Pee Wee Valley, located on Reading Road, in between Evendale and Reading, Ohio. Do any of the older people remember this small park? The park was torn down and nothing remains of it. There is some sort of a trailer park in the same location where it used to be. I tried searching for it on Google and was able to find the following link that has a forum where people discussed former parks, including Pee Wee Valley.

http://www.city-data...k-memories.html

• Like 1

My mom was just telling me about Pee Wee Valley earlier this year. I had never heard of it before. We were able to find a few pictures online, but not much information at all.

When I was young, my family and I used to go to a small park out on Rt. 4 near 63 called "Fantasy Farm." Do any of you remember that place? We spent many summers there, and I even had a season pass! I have very vague memories, but I do remember caves that they had that you could walk through, a house with the 3 bears (statues) inside, some little boat ride with indians, and a very generic ride through haunted house. There is surprisingly a web site dedicated to Fantasy Farm with pics, video, and information. If anyone is interested, you can check it out here: http://www.fantasyfarm.org/index.htm

• Like 1

I used to go to Fantasy Farm all the time. I remember the huge slide in the barn and the turnpike. I loved to ride the miniature roller coaster but I always dreamed of going next door to ride that BIG roller coaster! I loved to pet all the farm animals that they had but loved the little floppy ear goat the best.

• Like 2

Oh yes do I remember Fantasy Farm. Practically grew up there as a kid. Great little place. What always stands out to me the most when I think back on that park is the old haunted house. It used to scare me to death as a kid! It seems like I remember it being in a white building and there were the faces of Frankenstein, it seems like a purple gorilla and other characters painted on the outside of the building. I remember standing in line and hearing the soundtrack of wherewolves howling and just other general scary sound effects from the speakers. You didn't walk through it, but instead you rode in the black people mover cars. I remember one scene that was like a Christine type of scene. It was a scene of car headlights suddenly turning on and a horn blowing. It scared the crap out of everybody, lol. Boy do I miss those old dark rides. They are a treasure. I would love to see what that old haunted house building looks like now. I wonder if it still has the characters still painted on the side and any of the props still stashed away in there? Oh well, one can always dream.....

• Like 3

I would love to see what that old haunted house building looks like now. I wonder if it still has the characters still painted on the side and any of the props still stashed away in there? Oh well, one can always dream.....

I drive by there every so often and I try to get a look back into the old park as I drive by. It doesn't look like that old haunted house building is still painted the same. All I can see is an all white building straight back. I'm pretty sure it's the building that used to be the haunted house. It even looks like it has regular doors too. I think it's probably been converted into some kind of storage building now.

It's a shame that classic parks such as Fantasy Farm, Americana, and this topic's park, Pee Wee Valley, get torn down. It's sad that the interest fades, crowds begin to grow thin, and business dwindles. I know that people are into thrill rides, but there's something very nostalgic about visiting an old park with classic rides. It's as if you can feel all the memories that have been made there over time. It's like stepping back in time a bit to experience something completely different than what we're used to today. I'd love to relive some of the attractions that I enjoyed as a child at Fantasy Farm, however, that can never be. It would be nice if some of these old parks could be revived and appreciated for what they were; a collection of classic rides that are very seldom seen any more and a place where families can gather and memories can be created!

• Like 3

Never heard of Pewee Valley, interesting, yes the charm of the old parks are incredible, when I was a kid I hit guntown mountain, ghost town in sky, fantasy farm, Americana, (which I always felt they should have combined to be the kids biggest park in AMerica with the nostalgia of the Lake rides, and the thrill and chills of Loggers run town.

But yes places like Lake Winnie in Chattanooga still are something of a site.

Wonder in 20 or 30 years as more 1 coaster /2 coaster parks close will we start to build these wonders again.

Pee Wee Valley was a very small kiddie land amusement park that closed during the 60's. It was on Reading Road, just north of Reading, Ohio and now there is a trailer park of some sort in its old location. I remember riding in one of those hand cranked carts that ran around a oval course. It was no larger than a small carnival with kiddie rides. My parents would travel down Reading Road to visit my grand mother over in Winton Terrace and we would stop there at times on the way home to Kings Mills.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...