KI Photo Chain Game

TOPGUN1993

I practically have no pictures of Shake Rattle & Roll, in fact I think this is the only one... Its a pretty lousy picture, but that IS a yellow car. lol

http://www.flickr.com/photos/original2/8392008867/'>8392008867_1248b59af1_c.jpg
http://www.flickr.com/photos/original2/8392008867/'>P9291332 by http://www.flickr.com/people/original2/'>KIC-Original, on Flickr

Easy-The Monster at night

Hard- flight deck from the highway/parking lot

Expert: Soak City: Mondo Monsoon

I'm now beginning to narrow down the list of challenges by removing all that a posted photo qualifies for, rather than removing only the exact challenge answered and leaving similar challenges up; the goal is to see how small the list can get by Opening Day. Let's see how many I can delete with this one:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jcgoble3/5957964237/'>5957964237_4fabd51a39_z.jpg

1. Hard - Any flat ride at night - VortexBFForever
  2. Hard - Any ride in Coney Mall at night - VortexBFForever
  3. Easy - WindSeeker, seen from anywhere except the Eiffel Tower - Original
  4. Hard - WindSeeker in action at night - VortexBFForever
  5. Hard - WindSeeker's light package at night - VortexBFForever (×2)

Five challenges with one photo isn't bad! Now for the "new" challenges (actually, I personally am only reusing previous challenges at this point to keep from making the list any longer):

Easy: Backlot Stunt Coaster (Original)

Hard: Railroad crossing on the walkway between Soak City and the main park (SonofBaconador)

Expert: Kings Island skyline, NOT taken from I-71, Kings Island Drive, or the parking lot (DropZone99)

• Like 5

(copied from Original)

Easy-The Monster at night

Hard- flight deck from the highway/parking lot

Expert: Soak City: Mondo Monsoon

• Like 3

Racer- WindSeeker area (kblanken)

Racer-haunt (rotag)

P1000585_zps020dd00f.jpg

KIMVRR Water tower- (BB1)

DB-kimvrr- (PKIDelirium)

P1000597_zps2ec3d2ce.jpg

Diamondback water fall (TOPGUN1993) (sorry, its hardly visable)

Diamondback splashdown- (TopmRaiderFTW)

Diamondback splashdown- rivertown-(MDMC01)

P1000623_zps5f166245.jpg

Eiffel Tower (VortexBFForever)

P1000627_zpsc4e53168.jpg

I think you can clear some from your list jcgoble3

• Like 1

Old fountains in Oktoberfest? Were there more fountains than just the one in the pond?

There was one at the entrance of the Festhaus. It was more of a planter, which KI is known for using fountain like structures for planters.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Let's try reviving this thread one more time. I like it too much just to let it go.

Easy: Eiffel Tower

Hard: Eiffel Tower at night

Expert: Eiffel Tower at night during Halloween Haunt

Just a suggestion that might help keep this going: try going a little bit easier on the categories. Think about what you would take a picture of when you're at the park. A kiddie ride might seem like an easy thing to take a picture of, but if you had a camera with you at the park, when would you really stop to take ride pictures in Planet Snoopy? Does anyone (except maybe BB1 ;) ) take pictures of the slides in the water park?

At least in my opinion, the 'easy' picture should be something fairly obvious or broad. The 'easy' one should be the one that any Joe Schmoe with a camera could feel comfortable jumping in with, because, well... It's supposed to be easy. I don't mean to call out specific people's ideas, but on their first visit to the park with a camera, how many people think to take a picture of the cannons on White Water Canyon or Diamondback's test seat? (Again, they're absolutely great ideas--I'm just suggesting that they might be more appropriate as 'hard' or 'expert' pictures.) Some really great examples from the thread: closed WindSeeker, Delirium, a picture in the park on a sunny day, etc.

The 'hard' picture should up the ante a bit--but within reason. Make those pictures the type that someone who's taken several pictures at the park would take. Bring on the pictures of squid hats, Vortex mid-inversion, Alive Dinosaurs, obscure park signage/wind vanes, sculpted topiaries, etc. Don't go super over-the-top; that's what the 'expert' picture is for. This is where you ask for the not-so-obvious details of the park, like the bear on the way to Soak City, the Emporium, Backlot Stunt Coaster's 'splashdown', or SBNOSOB. For me, this is the easiest level at which I'll request Haunt photos, because apparently people just don't take many pictures during Haunt.

The 'expert' picture is where you let your imagination fly. Make this your 'Don Helbig doing a handstand atop a blue ice cream cake' suggestion, assuming Don's ever been caught doing such a thing. This is where you ask for things that people wouldn't normally take photos of at all. It's also where you ask for pictures from special events, because not everyone's going to have been there. Ask for Soak City slides and pictures on the fences, Racer stopped on the lift hill, Planet Snoopy rides, Flight of Fear with the emergency lights on, or behind-the-scenes Beast photos.

Again, these are only suggestions. I'm not trying to play moderator or change the rules; I'd just like to see this thread keep going because I love seeing people's photos! :)

• Like 5

...Or Don playing baseball, BB1 cross threading/siting. Also, you know BB1 takes mostly photos of Boomerang Bay, although I may have some of Soak City in my files somewhere....

Also thanks for the tip, I will use this in my own challenges.