Site Update

Anyone having problems with malfunctioning features, missing pictures, or other oddities should clear the browser cache. After a website application upgrade, this can be required if caches weren't properly invalidated on the server end. Here are instructions:

If you're still having problems, you may have to delete cookies, reset site-specific privacy settings, or reset your filtering/anti-virus software.

Something's funky when I try to quote someone:

kic-quote-bug.png

The bottom line is my reply, while the first two are two nested quotes. It seems like it's trying to display the final quote boxes in the editing box, but failing to actually show anything but the text. Bypassing my Firefox cache did nothing.

Does this website even have mods anymore to fix this?

Technical fixes I believe require Dane, who is most likely the one who installed the update.

The site was updated today to fix some registration problems. Since then, I am unable to load the full version on my iPhone. The button works, but it reloads the mobile version. Anyone else have this problem? Anyone fix it?

I have done all those things to no avail.

I just tested this by switching to the mobile version on my desktop computer. The "full version" button fails to work, and clearing both cache and cookies didn't switch it back either. According to the IPB bug tracker, fixing this requires the site owner to submit a ticket to IPB support: http://community.invisionpower.com/resources/bugs.html/_/ip-board/cannot-switch-to-full-version-from-mobile-r36558

For what it's worth, here's the way-too-complex workaround I figured out to fix it:

1. Go to the forum community homepage

2. View the page source

3. Search for the line containing 'base_url'

4. Make a note of the URL, starting with http:// and ending with a random alphanumeric string.

5. Search for the line containing 'secure_hash'

6. Make a note of the hash, consisting of another random alphanumeric string

7. Concatenate the following three strings (A, B, C):

A) the URL from step 4

Β) this exactly: app=core&module=ajax&section=skin&do=change&skinId=1&secure_key=

C) the string from step 6

8. Visit the URL that is the combination of all 3 strings. You should have the full version back.

EDIT: Β) was apparently a smiley. Fixed it.

I understand that doing this from your iOS device could be tricky, but at least you can get it working on your desktop until a real fix happens.

• Like 4

It looks funny, but it all turns out fine as soon as you post.

If you're having a problem typing a response after the quote, a workaround is to press the "lightswitch" button in the editor to edit in BB Code instead of rich text.

• Like 1

I'm not having a problem typing a response; it just looks funny.

As for the light switch button, I've done that a few times, but I usually prefer the rich text editor for the proportional font (instead of the monospace font used in the BBCode editor) unless I'm doing something with complex formatting (e.g. editing my signature) or trying to work with a post full of images.

kic-quote-bug.png

The bottom line is my reply, while the first two are two nested quotes. It seems like it's trying to display the final quote boxes in the editing box, but failing to actually show anything but the text. Bypassing my Firefox cache did nothing.

Does this website even have mods anymore to fix this?

Technical fixes I believe require Dane, who is most likely the one who installed the update.

I originally had this issue, but then I emptied the cache in Chrome. It's working fine now.

I originally had this issue, but then I emptied the cache in Chrome. It's working fine now.

Completely clearing the cache and restarting Firefox worked for me as well.

I still don't like the new quoting system, because the edit box no longer shows who you're quoting unless you switch to BBCode mode.

Quick update for internet explorer users. I have went to Google Chrome (Sad to say, what a day) and I can post photos, again, I believe if one may get the internet explorer updated one may post photos, I have yet to try this method but I am glad to say I think my laptop was the only problem. Except for the mobile, which still is having issues.