Site Update

The site was updated today to fix some registration problems. Since then, I am unable to load the full version on my iPhone. The button works, but it reloads the mobile version. Anyone else have this problem? Anyone fix it?

I have done all those things to no avail.

I just tested this by switching to the mobile version on my desktop computer. The "full version" button fails to work, and clearing both cache and cookies didn't switch it back either. According to the IPB bug tracker, fixing this requires the site owner to submit a ticket to IPB support: http://community.invisionpower.com/resources/bugs.html/_/ip-board/cannot-switch-to-full-version-from-mobile-r36558

For what it's worth, here's the way-too-complex workaround I figured out to fix it:

1. Go to the forum community homepage

2. View the page source

3. Search for the line containing 'base_url'

4. Make a note of the URL, starting with http:// and ending with a random alphanumeric string.

5. Search for the line containing 'secure_hash'

6. Make a note of the hash, consisting of another random alphanumeric string

7. Concatenate the following three strings (A, B, C):

A) the URL from step 4

Î’) this exactly: app=core&module=ajax&section=skin&do=change&skinId=1&secure_key=

C) the string from step 6

8. Visit the URL that is the combination of all 3 strings. You should have the full version back.

EDIT: Î’) was apparently a smiley. Fixed it.

I understand that doing this from your iOS device could be tricky, but at least you can get it working on your desktop until a real fix happens.

Anyone have any update/ fix yet?

Being stuck in "mobile version" on a desktop is like wet underwear- it can be dealt with, but everytime you move, you can't forget it is present. :)

Did you try the complex workaround I posted in reply #20? Doing this got me out of mobile mode, after I stuck myself in it while testing.

^ You should be able to change to one of the two desktop themes using a button at the bottom of the main (mobile) forum index. If that's still broken, you can use the workaround I posted earlier in this thread, in post #20.

Malem posted a solution back on the first page...

• 2 weeks later...

^ Try the steps I listed in post #20 of this thread. I've tested them, and they've worked for several other people.

The steps are easier if you use Firefox, as it "pretty prints" the source code by default. Once you fix it on any browser, it will work properly on all browsers and devices.

Alternatively, an admin (Dane or BoddaH1994) can fix it for you manually.

• Like 2

I'm trying to edit my signature, but cannot. It's stuck in HTML editing and none of the buttons in the toolbar are able to be clicked.

Having problems with editing my signature can't do nothin to it or change colors or anything on the editing bar.

In process or repairing.

• Like 2

Signature issues should be resolved. Let me know if you run into any more issues.

For some reason, the system will not allow me to save a signature that includes any images at all. Is this a rule change I'm not aware of or a bug?

Signature issues should be resolved. Let me know if you run into any more issues.

For some reason, the system will not allow me to save a signature that includes any images at all. Is this a rule change I'm not aware of or a bug?

I'm having the same problems. "Your only allowed to have up to 0 images"

Fixed.

Me either. I could until about a week ago. I do not have this problem with any other site.

When anyone quotes a post, as I just did, the timestamp in the quote header is five minutes ahead from the timestamp on the original post that was quoted. It seems to be consistent, both in terms of always occurring on every quote, and in terms of always being exactly a five-minute difference. Who's playing with the time machine? :P

• Like 4

Calendar isn't working right.

Yes it is...

Actually, I got an error message when I clicked "Add single event" earlier (I was going to add KI opening day to the calendar, just for fun), but that's not a huge issue since we don't really use the calendar much except to see whose birthday it is.