Paramount Props in Television, at Rides.

Gordon Bombay

So last night I couldn't sleep.

As usual when I can't sleep, I watch something on Netflix. Recently, I just started watching Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. I was a huge fan of Star Trek: The Next Generation growing up and I've seen Star Trek: Voyager all the way through, so finally watching Deep Space Nine seemed like a good thing to do.

So far the series has been good. Last night, I started season two around 5 AM. The episode, entitled "The Homecoming" deals with Major Kira going to the planet Cardassia to rescue prisoners of war from her planet. Herself and Chief Miles O` Brien infiltrate a Cardassian Labor Camp. The episode aired on September 26, 1993. Here's a still from the episode:

pgFUN.jpg

Recognize anything familiar? Probably not.

In a way I'm a bit embarrassed to mention that I noticed this, but it's still kind of interesting. In the above image, the random sphere objects at the "labor camp" can be seen in person at Kings Island:

M00MY.jpg

UiGg8.jpg

Flight of Fear was constructed during the peak of Paramount's ownership, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine was a Paramount Television show. I just thought it was interesting that whoever designed the Flight of Fear queue may have had access to Star Trek props - or maybe the spheres are just some kind of stock item that get used constantly.

Anyway, yeah the nerdiest thing I've ever written, but here's your useless information for the day!

Also, the altered photographs were taken by Don Flint of KIEXtreme.com, used with his permission, give his site a visit!

• Like 16

Even though I am not a Deep Space person I think that is a VERY cool/amazing find! I would also love to know the back story of how it ended up on the ride...was there a phone call like "Hey, you got anything "space like" laying around the lot you don't need?"

P.S. Yes, this IS probably your nerdiest post ever! :lol:

• Like 5

Even though I am not a Deep Space person I think that is a VERY cool/amazing find! I would also love to know the back story of how it ended up on the ride...was there a phone call like "Hey, you got anything "space like" laying around the lot you don't need?"

P.S. Yes, this IS probably your nerdiest post ever! :lol:

Haha, that's kind of what I was hoping to accomplish by posting this. I'm hoping that with the vast communications that is the internets... someone from Paramount Parks back in the day may chime in and say "Oh yeah, we got those from..." or explain the backstory.

And yes, it is nerdy. I will say though that it's nerdy not because of Star Trek, but because I saw the scene and was like:

"Wait, I've seen those before. Oh yeah, Flight of Fear. Must. Make. Post."

• Like 3

Those images date back to 2007, the year immediately followed by the removal of all Paramount properties and brands. Ronny, do you have any up-to-date photos showcasing the spheres, providing they're still around FoF?

Bonus Question of the Day: Are there duplicate spheres at Kings Dominion's Flight of Fear? If so, which, if any, are duplicates?

Those images date back to 2007, the year immediately followed by the removal of all Paramount properties and brands. Ronny, do you have any up-to-date photos showcasing the spheres, providing they're still around FoF?

Bonus Question of the Day: Are there duplicate spheres at Kings Dominion's Flight of Fear? If so, which, if any, are duplicates?

Even if there were, you wouldn't be able to tell anymore with how KD's line is set up.
  • Like 1

Come to think of it, I think those spheres are gone. Although my mind could be playing tricks on me, I think those hoses just hook into some of those chemical drums sitting around.

And I am watching star trek right now!

Guest TombraiderTy

Come to think of it, I think those spheres are gone. Although my mind could be playing tricks on me, I think those hoses just hook into some of those chemical drums sitting around.

img2126v.jpg

On the right side. From October 26, 2012.

• Like 2

img2126v.jpg

On the right side. From October 26, 2012.

Well I guess my mind was playing tricks on me then! I mean they're not something that draws my attention every time I walk in there so I harpy notice.