CoasterMania 2013

According to a https://www.facebook.com/greatohiocc/posts/450846134978027'>report by the GOCC from the ACE Northern Ohio Holiday Party at Cedar Point, CoasterMania will return to the beginning of June next year. It will once again be a one-day event, this time on Friday, June 7. That's the weekend immediately after HoliWood Nights.

Who's planning on going?

1. jcgoble3 (assuming I can find room for both HWN and CM in my budget, otherwise HWN likely gets priority)

• Like 1

You know what actually makes it the PERFECT time in the season?? Its that all but 2 Northern Ohio schools are still in session on that day!!

I do wish they would have it include some kind of ERT on Saturday.... say from 7 or 8 am to 10am.... but other than that I Love the fact its a one day event, and on a Friday. Avatar, Indyguy4KI, and I attempted both days of CM2011, and we ended up going back to the hotel and sleeping for about 3 hours on Saturday afternoon because the Friday ERT until 1am and then coming back for 530am ERT on Saturday was just ludicrous.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I also enjoyed the similar Ride Warriors Weekend at Kings Island back in 2009. I wish Kings Island would do something similar again. It was a great time.

Don tweeted that he'd like an event like Beast Buzz to happen again in 2013, and CoasterBuzz/PointBuzz replied that they'd be interested. Hopefully other coaster clubs would get involved as well, should it go forward. This was discussed awhile back: http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/5872-beast-buzz

Speaking of events, we should make sure to have a big event/meet-up for KICentral this year. Those were apparently a lot of fun several years back, and Don told us on Closing Day that we should have more and bigger meet-ups this year.

• Like 3

You know what actually makes it the PERFECT time in the season?? Its that all but 2 Northern Ohio schools are still in session on that day!!

Really? Most Northern Ohio schools are starting to get out in May now. I know my entire county is switching to that format next year and we go back mid-August.

• 5 weeks later...

9:00 to 10 a.m. – ERT on Blue Streak, Wicked Twister, WindSeeker and enjoy early entry!

Putting to bed the rumors that Cedar Fair is planning on removing WindSeeker. Regardless, I might have to go. Is there a seperate ticket for this event? Or do I just need to show up with a standard one day ticket with my coaster club membership?

For those who have been to this event. How many people usually go to this event? What are the wait times for ride usually like? I want to go but don't want to wait too long for rides. I know for HWN it was at most a 2 train wait for about 10% of the time the rest of the event was walk-on unless you wanted first row or something.

For those who have been to this event. How many people usually go to this event? What are the wait times for ride usually like? I want to go but don't want to wait too long for rides. I know for HWN it was at most a 2 train wait for about 10% of the time the rest of the event was walk-on unless you wanted first row or something.

The only time I attended was when it was over the weekend. The event was decently attended. Generally, you had minimal waits unless you wanted the front row for a ride. Great event! May have to attend this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a seperate ticket for this event? Or do I just need to show up with a standard one day ticket with my coaster club membership?

Admission Details are now at the original link. All you need is a form of admission and a coaster club card. Tickets will be available at the gate and there is NO preregistration.

• Like 1

Is there a seperate ticket for this event? Or do I just need to show up with a standard one day ticket with my coaster club membership?

Admission Details are now at the original link. All you need is a form of admission and a coaster club card. Tickets will be available at the gate and there is NO preregistration.
Thanks. Trying to find a way to make CoasterMania work. Sounds like a ton of fun!