KI Seeks Applications For Seasonal Jobs

The Interpreter

I worked in Guest Services/Admissions and a 16 year old can work in admissions but must be 18 for Guest Services. They can work in foods,merchandise, ecology, games, rides (some restrictions), admissions just to name some. I am sure the jobs link will be fixed soon but you can still apply by clicking on the link to Online Application. They will list your job preferences for you to choose from. You will select your first, second and third choice and jobs you will not want to work if any.

• Like 1

Admissions is a great place to work at. You will be involved in scanning tickets at the front gate, collecting parking tolls, processing season passes and selling admission tickets and season passes. If you love working outside and don't want to be tied down to one area all day, choose sweeps in ecology. Plus it pays more than any other area in the park. My very first job working at Kings Island in 1972 was as a "litter getter" as we were called back then.

• Like 2

^ SSN is social security number. If you're a US citizen or a US permanent resident, you definitely have one.

You should find out what it is, then memorize it. You will need this for job applications, credit applications, and tax forms. (Do be careful how you give it out, since it can be used by identity thieves.)

• Like 2

^ SSN is social security number. If you're a US citizen or a US permanent resident, you definitely have one.

You should find out what it is, then memorize it. You will need this for job applications, credit applications, and tax forms. (Do be careful how you give it out, since it can be used by identity thieves.)

And if you haven't committed it to memory yet, do so. It will come in handy when filling out applications, college apps ect... in the future!

• Like 1

Admissions is a great place to work at. You will be involved in scanning tickets at the front gate, collecting parking tolls, processing season passes and selling admission tickets and season passes. If you love working outside and don't want to be tied down to one area all day, choose sweeps in ecology. Plus it pays more than any other area in the park. My very first job working at Kings Island in 1972 was as a "litter getter" as we were called back then.

What's ecology? I know what Park Services is. ;)

Ecology is the department that the sweeps are in. Sweeps or pan and broom, walk their area while sweeping up trash on the ground. The department also cleans the restrooms in the park and empty the trash cans. When I started back in 1972, we were called litter getters, then area hosts and now pan and broom or sweeps. If you like working in a different area of the park on a daily basis and not tied down to one area, it is for you.

Ecology is the department that the sweeps are in. Sweeps or pan and broom, walk their area while sweeping up trash on the ground. The department also cleans the restrooms in the park and empty the trash cans. When I started back in 1972, we were called litter getters, then area hosts and now pan and broom or sweeps. If you like working in a different area of the park on a daily basis and not tied down to one area, it is for you.

*picardfacepalm.jpg

• Like 3

Can someone tell me from experience what working at KI is like? I'm interested in applying, but I'm not sure if it's worth driving 40 minutes to and from there during summer.

It all depends on who you are. I've had friends, some in rides, some in merch, whom all offer different viewpoints. My friends in merch say that merch is the best job in the park. You aren't stuck running down the same station day in and day out, plus you get to mess around with all the different kinds of merchandise (wear crazy hats, play with an overpriced slinky, etc). On the contrary, my friends in rides wouldn't trade their jobs for the world. You get to interact with more crew members daily, it's a high-paced environment, and to them it's just fun.

Also, be aware of labor laws. For minors, I do believe, you may only work a maximum of 8 hours. Perhaps driving 80 minutes round trip for 8 hours isn't "worth it"?

Make your own judgement. I'm sure you would have fun at the park, whether it be in admissions or rides. :)

What job can beat working in pet care and playing with all the cute puppies and kittens? Or watching the ferrets play, watching an occasional bird, pigs, goats and yes, watching the ducks play in the water tub as they say, "what the quack are you looking at?" We do get some unusual pets in at times, like the pigs, goats, and ferrets and others. Never a dull moment in pet care.

Rides is a ton of fun, but it's demanding. It really depends on what your attitude about working is. If you want something fairly easy, merch is good for you. If you want something challenging and fun, rides would be that place. I drove about 40 minutes every day to work at the park and it was well worth it. Interacting with guests and the other ride associates made it worth it as well.

It also depends on what kind of environment you want to work in. If you can handle the heat, wind, cold, rain, storms, etc. you can do rides but if you don't like the heat or the insane weather patterns something inside would be for you.