"Walley World" moments

SonofBaconator

Star Wars Celebration VI was over and I was ready to begin hitting theme parks, starting with Wet 'n Wild on August 27... except Tropical Storm Isaac had other ideas. The waterpark closed one hour after it opened because they didn't get the required minimum of 50 people in that first hour. Bummer. To make things worse, I took the trolley directly to Subway for lunch, and by the time I got out of Subway, the rain had stopped and the sun was out, and it stayed that way the rest of the day. Would have been a perfect day for a waterpark, but no, Isaac had to screw it up.

• Like 2

Had a great mid-August Friday trip to KI planned out, and looked forward to spending the day with Kwindshawne, Indyguy4Ki, and a couple of others. That well-laid plan lasted until my Cobra shattered the tailhousing on the transmission at 80+ at I-74 mile marker 143 in Southeast Indiana. It took every bit of will power I had to NOT buy a for sale sign while I was waiting at the Petro truck stop for the flatbed to bring me and the Cobra back home.

• Like 1

It was my 8th grade year and I had mono for about two months. I missed school all of that time and they thought I was going to die. When I got a little better, I talked my dad into taking me to get my season pass processed at Cedar Point because seeing the park would make me happy and cheer me up. I thought the pass center was open in February. It wasn't.

I got to see the park, though. :)

• Like 1

At first I thought that this was about odd happenenings at WallyMart....

Yes I have had times to where this does that with the weather, shutting down every ride, which is usually water rides, and really messing up my day......until I went to Chipotle and Natorps soon after, then I found peace.

• Like 2

Back when I was in high school, I left home with a friend of mine, headed for KI. We left on a beautiful fall morning from just SE of Indy. Somewhere around Batesville IN, we ran into a HUGE thunderstorm. My 1968 Mustang, with bald L-60 tires hydroplaned in a most terrifying fashion for the next 30 miles(took 60 mins). We finally arrive at the park, to find out it was one of the "private event" days. No internet back then to check schedule.

• Like 3