Visit Kings Island on Google Earth!

DBInternational

Hey Guys!

Just wanted to let you guys know about a cool new thing on Google Earth. If you go to Kings Island and put the little "street view" character on a path in the park, you can act view it like a normal street view image and "walk around" the park. It's pretty neato as the pictures are very high quality and they seem to be quite recently taken. I first noticed this feature with amusement parks when i was looking at Busch Gardens Williamsburg and tried it out. Just today I've looked and seen that Kings Island, Cedar Point, Michigan's Adventure, Dorney Park, California's Wonderland, World's of Fun, and Canada's Wonderland (which were taken during the beginning construction of Leviathan). And thats just the Cedar Fair parks. I think its prettty cool and think you guys should go check it out!

Hope ya like it,

DBI

• Like 9

I have walked around KI and CP this way. Its pretty cool. It would be even more cool if you could ride the rides. haha

MOD Edit: Since on ride photography is not permitted by Kings Island, the posting of illegal Point of View videos will not be tolerated here.

POSTER Edit: The video posted was an official POV, but okay.

MOD Edit: My bad, please feel free to re-post the video and I will pay an apology tax to POV-Ville.

POSTER Edit: I lol'd.

• Like 1

I have walked around KI and CP this way. Its pretty cool. It would be even more cool if you could ride the rides. haha

MOD Edit: Since on ride photography is not permitted by Kings Island, the posting of illegal Point of View videos will not be tolerated here.

MOD Edit: My bad, please feel free to re-post the video and I will pay an apology tax to POV-Ville.

Nice POV! That looks like a while ago considering Flight Comander, King Cobra, and Lion Country Safari are there and Flight of Fear isn't. Also it looked like Action Theatre was under construction at that point, so thats got to be about 1993-ish?

LOL! OK, which mod was this? :lol:

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I noticed many rides in action when I visited. If you can view it 45 degrees you will see many awesome things

North:

• Delirium being worked on
  • Vortex in its helix
  • DB going up the lift hill/ passing the cavern of terror building
  • The Beast going up the first lift hill and speeding through the ravines

East

• A single racer train
  • Drop Tower going up/down
  • The park opening

South

• DB on the second hill
  • surf dog in action
  • The front of the blue train in Soak City

West

• Both Racer trains completing the first hill
  • One Firehawk train going through the loop and the banked turn (map error)
  • Vortex going down the first hill
  • The Beast going through the transfer track section to the first hill
  • DB on the block section on the 6th hill
  • The great pumpkin mural on the boo blasters building