Crypt Building's Fate

SonofBaconator

I say just tear it down, it really is a old, crusty place, that is truthfully an eyesore.

That would be silly. It is not old, is currently serving a valuable purpose, and is not in the way of anything.

The fate of this building has already been discussed ad nauseam in many threads, including:

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/26117-the-crypt-being-demolished/

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/25815-the-crypt-building/

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/26212-the-crypts-future/

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/24734-the-crypt-gone-for-2012/

• Like 2

I realize the fate of the building isn't about to change, but I keep daydreaming of a renovation where the building is shrouded in evergreen trees. The theme would shift from Tomb Raider (which, really, was all The Crypt's "theme" was, anyway) to some sort of "spirit of the woods" theme (a la Verbolten, only less Germany and more Ohio.) The queue would be modified to resemble walking deeper and deeper into the woods, and the preshow chamber would instead have what appears to be a wolf statue atop some rockwork in the center of the room (with the rest of the room changed to a "heart of the forest" theme, with faux sunlight shining into the room before and after the preshow.) Via a projection system (much like the one used at the front gate at Haunt a season or two ago), the wolf statue would appear to come to life and tell some foreboding tale about how humans have been a curse on the forest and how the riders may leave in peace or else press on and face the consequences.

Not that I've been thinking about it a whole lot or anything, but I bet the Hunger Games score would blend really well with the theme, too. I mean... not that I've thought about it much, but I think an edited form of James Newton Howard's "Healing Katniss" would make a neat queue theme. And they could maybe play "The Hunger Games" in the outdoor queue. And then they could... I dunno, use an edited form of "Rue's Farewell" for the preshow ambiance. And then I guess they could use "Katniss Afoot" for the loading music, and maybe they could use an edited "Muttations" for the ride, which would then contain an encounter with the "spirit of the forest" in the form of a giant wolf carving that comes to life and engages the riders in a battle of the elements.

...Not that I've thought about it or anything. :lol: (Old habits die hard, I guess.)

• Like 4

I say just tear it down, it really is a old, crusty place, that is truthfully an eyesore.

That would be silly. It is not old, is currently serving a valuable purpose, and is not in the way of anything.

It is old, by some standards, the point is, that I just don't think a big metal box that has looked tacky from the get go should be there. I mean its "River Town" why have a big giant box right in the heart of it? Is it the P&G factory on the riverfront? I would rather have pony rides (A bit on pony rides, I don't like them, they smell, showing how much I would rather have another attraction) there than what is there today, maybe a shooting arcade that is most needed for a place like so. It may bring money one time, but the rest it is just as I said, a box.

Are they still keeping the tomb theming on the outside of the ride? I haven't been at KI since before they announced crypt's fate.

Yes, but the Crypt sign has been covered by a black tarp.

When I looked at the building this year while going to either Beast, Vortex, or Diamondback, I thought of the different possibilities that the Haunt inside of there could have. Also, it makes a guest who isn't familiar with KI wonder, "What's in there?"

In my opinion, the park should put some sort of permanent sign like the one for Wolf Pack at the entrance of the building in order to maybe spark interest in "Madame Fatale's Cavern of Terror" and Halloween Haunt, and possibly bring in a few new customers.

I know it has been said that it would continue to be used as a haunt attraction for the foreseeable future. Just like SOB, I think that is where it stands until a long-term solution is found. I can't imagine that the building would sit there too long and only be used 10-15 days a year (a la Paul Brown Stadium)- but my guess is that another "Crypt" theme attraction will arise from the pits there (otherwise why wouldn't they have removed the "Crypt" sign).

Guest KingsIslandPR

I know it has been said that it would continue to be used as a haunt attraction for the foreseeable future. Just like SOB, I think that is where it stands until a long-term solution is found. I can't imagine that the building would sit there too long and only be used 10-15 days a year (a la Paul Brown Stadium)- but my guess is that another "Crypt" theme attraction will arise from the pits there (otherwise why wouldn't they have removed the "Crypt" sign).

The long-term solution has been found: As a Halloween Haunt attraction.

• Like 17

nothing like being reigned in by the man himself.

I'm a little surprised though that the building would sit idle 11 months out of the year.

• Like 1

This sounds rather familiar......

• Like 2