Crypt Building's Fate

SonofBaconator

nothing like being reigned in by the man himself.

I'm a little surprised though that the building would sit idle 11 months out of the year.

I agree, I don't mind it staying a haunt attraction but at least make the building blend in with the rivertown section. When it was Tomb Raider and The Crypt the building stook out like a sore thumb and it still does. Maybe but some more trees or foliage around it or something

• Like 1

If I could do anything with it? Put the Giant Top Spin back inside, restore everything to the way it was when TR:TR first opened, and make the necessary modifications to keep it that way, such as weatherproofing. (You did say "anything".)

Failing that, keep it as Madame Fatale's Cavern of Terror.

• Like 1

Personally, I don't see much of a re-usability of the building for any type of ride. I think it could serve as a sit down restaurant downstairs, and create a second floor for private events and dancing. When not in use for private events you could use the second floor for more of a sports bar area like Jr for Birdy mentioned above. This would allow parents to order an adult drink, appetizer, watch the game while other family members are enjoying the rides.

I would try to cover up the building with the same wood and stain that is used for the DB station to help give it that Rivertown look.

• Like 4

Why not a year round "Haunt" attraction? But do, at-least, drape it in something that blends with the Rivertown theme. No shortage of backwood horror stories. Or maybe a Beast hunt? A Perfect chance to put an animatronic body to the "Beast" . Maybe even as an indoor water ride?

Despite the fact that Cedar Fair JUST got into the upcharged "extreme" haunt this past season with Knott's Trapped, I am actually surprised they haven't pulled this stunt yet, much like Universal's House of Horrors or Ripley's Haunted Adventure. I didn't get a chance to go to this year's Haunt, but I've heard wondrous things about Madame Fatale's, so they should at least keep everything from that haunt intact, and build upon that experience to make it a really lengthy walk-through (20 minutes at the very least). The only thing I'd really want to see them do with the building, however, is lower the ceiling a good 30-40 feet, at least to where that line is in this picture (just above the roof of the preshow building):

DiamondbackM-14.jpg

I'd assume they'd would like to charge for it, as that would also net them the opportunity to be scarier and more graphic than if it they just let folks walk through all willy-nilly (the fact that Haunt is free with park admission notwithstanding). And they would also have no shortage of associates lining up around the block wanting to work at a haunted house for an entire operating season.

• Like 1

I thought it's Fatale has already been decided? :lol:

My guess would be, until there is a need for the land on which it sit's for another project, it will remain status quo.

I'm not so sure, look at wolf pack, the park decided to keep the station so they could keep the maze. I rolled my eyes when I heard that they would keep the station, much how I rolled my eyes at the decision to put a haunt maze in the crypt building. Does anyone else here question the parks choice to put a maze in an area that had so much more potential?

• Like 3

Does anyone else here question the parks choice to put a maze in an area that had so much more potential?

Yes, the choice to use these locations as Haunt attractions has been questioned repeatedly here, and answers have been given over and over.

To briefly recap: both mazes are highly popular, Haunt comprises a significant portion of the operating season, and the existing structures are well-suited for the purpose. You can certainly disagree about what's there, but the park has plenty of compelling reasons to keep them.

Personally, I'd like to see more use of the vertical space in the Madam Fatale's maze. The high ceiling could be more of an asset.