If you could ask Don one question.

Sonofbeast2.0

Guest KingsIslandPR

Just bring back 5@5.... Topic now over.

Something like the 5@5 will be incorporated into the transformation of the blog page on our website for the 2013 season. Questions will be submitted via our Twitter page rather than Facebook.

• Like 14

Guest KingsIslandPR

Red or Blue side?

Red. That was my favorite side when the ride first opened in 1972 and both sides faced forward until the spring of 1982. It was like going home again when I was able to ride that side facing forward again in 2008.

• Like 8

Guest KingsIslandPR

What one attraction would he like to bring back if he could.

Flying Eagles. It was a favorite of mine going back to when it was at Coney Island. I have a lot of memories riding that ride with my parents, brother and sister when I was growing up. It was so much fun!

• Like 13

Guest KingsIslandPR

My question would be: "On average, how many times do you roll your eyes a day while reading the KI Central forum?" :rolleyes:

There are some laughs and smiles, but no rolling of the eyes.

• Like 16

Guest KingsIslandPR

I think I would honestly just ask Don if working in the park has increased or decreased his love of amusement parks, in general KI.

I love it more today than yesterday. But not as much as tomorrow.

• Like 16

Guest KingsIslandPR

How about:

Who came up with the idea of using AC/DC's "Thunder Struck" as the intro song for the Cincinnati Cyclones?

That would be me, but it was merely a suggestion that was made to one of the Cyclones original owners, Ron Fuller, when he and a couple others were putting the game night presentation together prior to the start of the team's first season in 1990-91. My first suggestion was quickly shot down: Brass Banana, which had been the theme song for the WHA New England Whalers.

• Like 1

Guest KingsIslandPR

My question to him:

Do you have any old Mighty Ducks gear laying around somewhere? I've been searching the web, but I haven't found anything yet.

I do. What items have you been looking for?

• Like 2

Guest KingsIslandPR

if he could turn the park back to its one of a kind state...when it was amazing and majestic

Nothing is as good as it used to be, and it never was.

• Like 10

My question to him:

Do you have any old Mighty Ducks gear laying around somewhere? I've been searching the web, but I haven't found anything yet.

I do. What items have you been looking for?

I've been trying to find a jersey. My dad collects jerseys, and I was thinking about giving him one for Christmas.

Guest KingsIslandPR

Don, have you ever considered building a roller coaster like Maverick? Those Intamin style roller coasters are Awesome!

No, because I don't have that kind of dough and my backyard isn't big enough to build a ride like that.

• Like 27

What one attraction would he like to bring back if he could.

Flying Eagles. It was a favorite of mine going back to when it was at Coney Island. I have a lot of memories riding that ride with my parents, brother and sister when I was growing up. It was so much fun!

I very much hope you've brought up the return of Flying Eagles to the rest of KI staff. :)

• Like 6

Guest KingsIslandPR

That video makes me miss Meff. (he did the voice over)

In the beginning of the video, Meff says "the year was 1979 ... Monday Night Football made its debut". Monday Night Football made its debut two years before Kings Island opened its gates in 1970.

• Like 1