If you could ask Don one question.

Sonofbeast2.0

What one attraction would he like to bring back if he could.

Flying Eagles. It was a favorite of mine going back to when it was at Coney Island. I have a lot of memories riding that ride with my parents, brother and sister when I was growing up. It was so much fun!

Well, we could just get another Flying Eagles for next year like Michigan's Adventure. :)

Guest KingsIslandPR

Don, how many times have you ridden The Beast? Or have you even kept track of the number?

The majority of my Beast rides came between 1981-1990 (2,219).

• Like 10

Don, how does one keep offical track of the number of rides? Does the park ever let anyone try to break any all time rides?

How awesome would a fund raiser be where you pay a certain amount of money to just ride beast/racer/Diamondback all day. The money would be used for cancer research, etc...

How awesome would a fund raiser be where you pay a certain amount of money to just ride beast/racer/Diamondback all day. The money would be used for cancer research, etc...

Are you being sarcastic, or have you not seen posts, and videos about Coasting for Kids?

Coasting for Kids 2011!

Coasting for Kids 2012!

• Like 6

Because he's Don, he doesn't have to!

That's like saying the president doesn't have to obey laws.

Does it say in the TOS that we have to use multi quote? :mellow:

EDIT: Just did a search of TOS. I see nowhere where is says multi quotes must be used.

No laws have been broken, and we should be happy he is even interacting with us!

• Like 5

If you could ask Don Helbig one question (nothing like what will we get next year) what would you ask him?

Mine would be, is their any plans of repainting The Racer in the foreseeable future?

yo dog i have a question for don. where da fired chicken at?

Clean posts please... let me be your warning that you will get banned (not by me) very quickly with inappropriate content/words.

Because he's Don, he doesn't have to!

That's like saying the president doesn't have to obey laws.

Does it say in the TOS that we have to use multi quote? :mellow:

EDIT: Just did a search of TOS. I see nowhere where is says multi quotes must be used.

No laws have been broken, and we should be happy he is even interacting with us!

But it does say something about spamming the forums, double posting, and using the edit function. I don't want to sound as if I'm saying "DON IS SPAMMING THE FORUMS!!!!!!!!!" , because he's not. I just asked a question. After all, that is the intent of this thread. :)

Guest KingsIslandPR

Don, why did you decide to head into Public Relations as opposed to other professions?

Because my attempt to play professional baseball or hockey ended in a contract dispute. I wanted a contract but no team in either sport was willing to offer one.

After realizing I wasn't going to play professionally, I wanted to work in professional sports (baseball, hockey, football) or the amusement/theme park industry and the things I was good at or had an aptitude for made PR/media relations a natural fit.

• Like 13

Guest KingsIslandPR

How strange does it look in the park without SoB? Right now I really can't imagine!

I remember the ride not being there for most of the park's history from 1972-1999, so for me it's not as strange without it as it might be for others.

• Like 6

Guest KingsIslandPR

Don, do you have any funny or interesting stories of Reds players at Kings Island that you could share?

In 1982, I was working Reds games at Riverfront Stadium and one of the players, Cesar Cedeno, took himself out of the game in the fourth inning, claiming to be sick. I arrived at the park that evening around 6:00pm and got in line for The Racer and right in front of me is Cedeno with a couple of his friends. It was a Saturday night and the wait time was about 45 minutes, so I was able to chat with him a bit and learned that he liked amusement parks and roller coasters. When I asked him about leaving the game because he was sick, he said he was sick. Sick of new Reds manager Russ Nixon, who had taken over for John McNamara a few weeks earlier.

• Like 15