If you could ask Don one question.

Sonofbeast2.0

How awesome would a fund raiser be where you pay a certain amount of money to just ride beast/racer/Diamondback all day. The money would be used for cancer research, etc...

Are you being sarcastic, or have you not seen posts, and videos about Coasting for Kids?

please ignore me. The last few days I have been sick and have been under the influence of Nyquil and Tusin DM. So I may have forgotten about the wonderful Coasting for Kids.... Honestly, my brain must have been in shut down mode when I wrote that...

• Like 8

Guest KingsIslandPR

Will KITV return and have more "episodes" next season?

Yes. Several features already planned. Look for the first episode in late February or early March.

• Like 10

Guest KingsIslandPR

The 10 rides I have ridden (or rode) the most at Kings Island:

1) Racer - 11,999

2) Beast - 3,371

3) Flying Eagles - 1,544

4) Vortex - 1,021

5) King Cobra - 808

6) K.I. & Miami Valley Railroad - 771

7) Race for Your Life Charlie Brown - 539

8) Woodstock Express - 526

9) Adventure Express - 398

10) Tumble Bug - 234

I also found time to watch more than 2,000 live shows during my years as a season passholder. One of the park's slogan's in the 1980's was "Do It All". That I pretty much did as a passholder.

• Like 17

1) Racer - 11,999

2) Beast - 3,371

3) Flying Eagles - 1,544

4) Vortex - 1,021

5) King Cobra - 808

10) Tumble Bug - 234

I also found time to watch more than 2,000 live shows during my years as a season passholder. One of the park's slogan's in the 1980's was "Do It All". That I pretty much did as a passholder.

Was it always a goal for you to keep ride counts or did you just start counting one day? Did you have spread sheets when you started?

• Like 1

Guest KingsIslandPR

Why did we lose the insider blog?

The blog has been made inactive for the time being to make way for a future new feature in the Online Fun section of our website.

• Like 3

Guest KingsIslandPR

1) Racer - 11,999

2) Beast - 3,371

3) Flying Eagles - 1,544

4) Vortex - 1,021

5) King Cobra - 808

10) Tumble Bug - 234

Was it always a goal for you to keep ride counts or did you just start counting one day? Did you have spread sheets when you started?

Growing up as a sports fan, I was always statistically oriented. I enjoyed looking at player and team statistics and analyzing the numbers. I kept track of my stats when I was playing baseball and hockey and going to amusement and theme parks was something I could have fun tracking and analyzing the numbers, same as with sports. If I wasn't into sports growing up, I never would have thought to do it.

I didn't have a computer in the 1980's and had a notebook that I kept a day-by-day log in. From 1972 through 1980, I had written down on the park guide & map (or Fun Guide as it was called at one time) what I did during my visit. I visited the park one or two times a year during that period.

• Like 10

Wow! I started doing something similar in 2000, Don. I have been keeping track using an excel file since 2000. I love numbers and statistics and looking at numbers. Sometimes I wonder why I went into architecture instead of going into accounting, since I like numbers so much. But I also enjoy architecture too.

I have visited Kings Island 367 times since the start of 2000 and ridden The Beast 749 times, which pales in comparison to your numbers.

Here is a question for you. If you could ride one roller coaster that you never got to ride before it was closed/demolished, which one would it be?

I would have to go with the Shooting Star at Coney. I`ve always heard wonderful things about that ride.

• Like 3

Guest KingsIslandPR

Wow! I started doing something similar in 2000, Don. I have been keeping track using an excel file since 2000. I love numbers and statistics and looking at numbers. Sometimes I wonder why I went into architecture instead of going into accounting, since I like numbers so much. But I also enjoy architecture too.

I have visited Kings Island 367 times since the start of 2000 and ridden The Beast 749 times, which pales in comparison to your numbers.

Here is a question for you. If you could ride one roller coaster that you never got to ride before it was closed/demolished, which one would it be?

I would have to go with the Shooting Star at Coney. I`ve always heard wonderful things about that ride.

Shooting Star, without question.

• Like 3