New Attraction 2014 Poll

HTCO

I'll go ahead and place my idea.

I would absolutely love a new Rocky Mountain coaster. In case anyone is wondering, they are the people that designed the New Texas Giant at Six Flags Over Texas, Outlaw Run at Silver Dollar City, and Iron Rattler at Six Flags Fiesta Texas. I think it would be a fantastic new addition with the loss of Son of Beast, that gives the look of a wooden coaster, but rides like a new B&M. Oh yea, and they have the ability to go upside down. I'll leave a couple pictures and a video to show a visual of what their rides are like.

texas_giant-205standaloneprod_affiliate1

screen-shot-2012-08-14-at-5-14-23-pm_zps

outlawrun_zpsd477ba0d.jpg

628x471_zpsd441336a.jpg

• Like 1

I did not vote, because I could not decide between intamin or vekoma. I love millieunium force and maverck from intamin and I think they do a great job. But on the other hand we have Vekoma and if they can pull something off as awesome as Firehawk Id be fine with one of them.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say you haven't been on a B&M flyer. I can't think of a single Vekoma ride I enjoy.

I went with Mack. The things they are doing are very similar to Intamin, but I do not think the reliability issues are there as much. Rides like Bluefire, and Manta in San Diego are great looking rides.

As much as I adore Voyage (I seriously need to make it to Waldameer and Mt. Olympus next year), I think I'd rather see a GCI at KI. Realistically, I don't think we're going to see any sizable coasters anytime soon. It doesn't seem to be how Ouimet works, based off the announced 2013 Cedar Fair additions (with the exception of Gatekeeper.)

On the plus side, if the rest of the 2013 additions are any indication, we might see some Larson flying scooters come our way, which would make me really happy.

• Like 2

In my opinion, I would just like to see a new woodie at Kings Island for 2014 or whatever year KI plans on installing a new roller coaster. As far as which manufacturer provides the coaster, I guess it should just be the one who can provide the most safe, we'll constructed, well designed, wooden roller coaster that fits the needs of Cedar Fair, KI officials, and park guests.

• Like 1

I did not vote, because I could not decide between intamin or vekoma. I love millieunium force and maverck from intamin and I think they do a great job. But on the other hand we have Vekoma and if they can pull something off as awesome as Firehawk Id be fine with one of them.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say you haven't been on a B&M flyer. I can't think of a single Vekoma ride I enjoy.

I went with Mack. The things they are doing are very similar to Intamin, but I do not think the reliability issues are there as much. Rides like Bluefire, and Manta in San Diego are great looking rides.

Oh, no I have been on manta, witch I'm pretty sure is a B&M flyer.

• Like 3

And there are those of us who greatly prefer the Vekoma Flying Dutchmen to the B&M Supermen. Tatsu is in a much different class, technology, time and cost-wise.

There are also those of us that aren't tremendously excited by a certain northern park's new addition. It appears to fit the apparent new paradigm of looking spectacular and thrilling while not being overly aggressive.

This is something to ponder in this new management order. Also, remember recent statements that the park is pondering how to expand in the newly available space.

• Like 6

I do lock the rocky mountain coaster.

What if KIngsisland did a iron rattler treatment on one side of The Racer, and kept a traditional ride on the other?

could this be awesome, new vs old: Racer vs Iron racer.

To breathe new life in The Racer?

Also a good reliable wood coaster in what will be the new Action Zone would be great.

I honestly think if they build a steel coaster or Rocky Mountain in the spot of where SOB once stood, they should call it, "Steel Beast".

It has a nice ring to it and IMO is an appropriate title to give a coaster.

We need a mother beast... The Beast has raised two kids of his own and one of them had a very bad history. Need a mother that can control future Beast's (if any). Mother Beast needs to be a fun wooden coaster that is themed with bunchs of little goodies and hugs the ground or shoot goes under it...

I would also like a park history ride too.

• Like 1