Most Memorable Vist to Kings Island

fanofFirehawk

This is a true story that I am sharing, In the summer of 2014, I have a kind of strange story to tell. My family and I were waiting in line for The Beast, the line wasn't that long so basically I could sit anywhere, I decided to sit somewhere in the middle cart, while my parents and my sister sat in the front. When the gates opened, I sat down and put my seatbelt and put the bar down. Then I glance over and sitting there was a blonde girl, who looked like she was right around my age. "Where did this girl come from?" I thought since there was clearly a bunch of other seats available since the park just opened, and it was very odd that I didn't see her in line. But I decided to shrug it off since she did look very nice and she was pretty I shook her hand introduced myself, and I asked her if she lived around the area, she said she did. She pointed at some people in front of us and she said "Those are my parents!" We were talking a lot and she said she loved going to Kings Island. But then our conversation came to a halt after the first lift hill, and we were going so fast that it was near impossible to continue the conversation. After The Beast came back to the station, I asked her if she would like to hang out at the park and ride Diamondback, she agreed. Then after the ride operator released the bars on the carts, I glanced over, and the girl was gone. Very confused because there was no way she could of left without me seeing her, I got out and went to the people she said were her parents and I asked "Hi I was talking to your daughter and I was supposed to hang out with her but I can't seem to find her!" The man looked confused and he said "My daughter isn't even here!" Then he and his wife walked towards the exit. At this point I was very confused, why would she lie and tell me that those people were here parents? I walked down the exit, and caught up with my family, and told them I was going to Diamondback, they said ok, then I headed towards Diamondback. But of course I didn't see her, but I enjoyed my rest of my day at Kings Island as I usually do. Later at our hotel, I asked my dad if he saw me sitting to the blonde girl earlier that day on The Beast, he said no. My mom told me that I was lying because they looked at the ride photos and she said that I was sitting alone. I was shocked when she said I was sitting alone because I knew for a fact that the blonde girl was there. To this day I don't know if my parents were joking with me about the ride photo, or why the girl lied about those people being her parents or how she just disappeared but overall it was a pretty weird experience. But still I had a great time at Kings Island!

• Like 2

I have a few under this category. 

The first 2 that come to mind are why I'm the enthusiast I am today.  Both were on P&G Days.  The first of which was when I discovered Top Gun and instantly loved it.  I was still weary of Racer and didn't care for airtime quite yet and every other coaster just intimidated me.  Even lowly Adventure Express wasn't to my liking.   Top Gun was just different- the suspended nature intrigued me, it was the quietest coaster in the park at the time, and I loved it's location away from the rest of the park.  I think I marathoned it for 6-7 rides when I first rode it. 

The 2nd was a P&G Day where I conquered Vortex and Beast in the same night.  I rode Beast prior, but it scared the pants off of me.  It felt sooo good to finally take a liking to coasters. Soon after, a trip to NJFTP and my first ride on Medusa got me hooked to where I wanted to learn more.  I used to  spend hours on RCDB.  

Other visits I remember well were SOB's opening night and my first ride on Diamondback.  The later especially because it was my first new coaster after all the medical problems I had.  I didn't think I'd ever ride coasters again and it was an incredible welcome back to my love of amusement parks and coasters.  That and the wonderful feeling of finally getting a B&M at Kings Island.  

Recently, I'd have to say my first KIC meet ups from the Banshee announcement through closing day 2014 were quite memorable.  I was in transition from a site I didn't care for anymore and was looking for another coaster site to call home, and after that season, I was set on staying here.  Met a lot of great friends here.  

• Like 2

The first I can think of is the day I decided to graduate from the general public to become an enthusiast. I don't remember the exact day but it was back in 2013. It was the first time I rode Diamondback, and it was my most favorite ride at the time, with awesome floater airtime. I knew immediately that I wanted to ride more great coasters around like Diamondback. But since Banshee can't drive, Banshee can't accomplish that. But Banshee will try next year as I am wanting to go to such parks like Cedar Point, Kentucky Kingdom, Dollywood, Carowinds, Kings Dominion, and maybe Six Flags Great America. But this is Kings Island. :P

I also would have to think back to my very first visit to the park as a lil' munchkin. My first coaster ever was The Great Pumpkin Coaster. I believe that's all I rode that day cause I refuse to ride Woodstock Express or any other Planet Snoopy rides. But that's all I really remember.

One more memorable visit I can think of actually happened last Saturday on closing weekend. I've been a fan of World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) for nearly 10 years now, and have yet to meet any of my favorite superstars. That was until last Saturday at Haunt, my dreams came true, and met my first ever WWE superstar, Nikki Bella. It was a great experience for me, aside from the coasters or other attractions in the park. I waited for nearly 2 hours and passed up riding anything to meet this girl, and it was well worth it. I was hoping she'd stick around and hope to get on a coaster or something with her. But with WWE's busy schedule, she immediately left the park after her little meet and greet. Meeting one of my favorite people at my favorite place, Kings Island, it was just awesome. I left KI that day with a smile on my face. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

There's 2 memorable visits actually. One is when me and my sister went to Kings Island on June 10th this year, and it was pouring down rain till 2pm. Thst was the best visit to Kings Island ever. And plus ride waits were low too.

Second was when I went to KI ion August 9th this year, getting to ride The Racer 6 times in a row, went to ride Beast once, then went back to The Racer to ride it 3 more times. Felt a little light headed, bruise started on my left elbow and exhausted but was SO much fun.

• Like 2

Whew.....

I would have to say.... the most memorable visit...

God THIS IS HARD!

Probably either Announcement Day 2016 for Mystic Timbers due to meeting and immediately clicking with BeastForever and the whole announcement which was so well done.....

or 

October 7th, 2016. A Day To Remember, and a day even a month later I ache to relive again... (With honorable mention to Opening Day and Closing Day 2016, )

I have had so many memorable visits this past season I dont know how to sort them all out!

I will let you guys decide I guess. Lol

Trip Reports for Opening Day, 8/11, Announcement Day, October 7th and 4/29

8/11

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php/topic/32353-kings-island-8112016-a-memorable-visit-and-ert-night/

10/7

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php/topic/32460-a-day-to-remember-ki-1072016-and-sg-1092016-a-3-part-plethora/

Opening Day

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php/topic/31919-stashua123s-ptr-a-kic-opening-day-experience-for-the-ages-ki-4162016/

4/29

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php/topic/31970-stashua123s-4292016-ptr/

Announcement Day

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php/topic/32285-kings-island-7282016-a-mystical-kic-announcement-day-experience/

• Like 2