Weird stuff you've found in nets

TheCrypt

Being frequenters of Kings Island, we are all familiar with the nets placed under track, to catch falling loose articles. But have you ever looked up into the nets, to find there is a strange object or two, far from the usual baseball cap and nickels? It doesn't even have to be at Kings Island, but any amusement park across the globe.

So, what have you found?

It wasn't in a net, but I saw the same empty lip balm container on the roof of Beast's brake shed as I rode up the lift hill for many, many years. What made me actually think to look for it that many times over that many seasons really makes me wonder about myself!

• Like 2

The weirdest thing I've seen are flip-flops in the net on Diamondback's brake run, down where it makes the 180° turn to enter the station. How in the world do you manage to keep your flip-flops on throughout the entire ride only to lose them at about 3 mph on the brake run?

• Like 2

The weirdest thing I've seen are flip-flops in the net on Diamondback's brake run, down where it makes the 180° turn to enter the station. How in the world do you manage to keep your flip-flops on throughout the entire ride only to lose them at about 3 mph on the brake run?

I've...uh..done that...

Funny story, really. I was sitting outside the station, waiting to unload. My older sister was sitting in front of me. She reached back and punched me, so I tried to kick her, and my flip flop flew off.

• Like 2

I've...uh..done that...

Funny story, really. I was sitting outside the station, waiting to unload. My older sister was sitting in front of me. She reached back and punched me, so I tried to kick her, and my flip flop flew off.

Aha! That gives me the opportunity to ask a question that I've always wondered about: since park rules require shoes of some kind, how did you replace it on the spot? Did they make you buy a new pair at a ridiculous price?

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have been forced to buy a pair of shoes. I'm pretty sure I've seen people walking around the main park without shoes, so I don't believe there is a managerial mandate requiring shoes. I could be wrong though.

Luckily for me, I didn't have to buy any shoes. My sister's friend had a flip flop identical in all ways but size to my left shoe. I wore hers until mine could get retrieved at the end of the day.

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have been forced to buy a pair of shoes. I'm pretty sure I've seen people walking around the main park without shoes, so I don't believe there is a managerial mandate requiring shoes. I could be wrong though.

From http://www.visitkingsisland.com/guest-services/guest-services'>the official website, under "Attire" (emphasis added):

Shirts, shorts/pants and shoes must be worn at all times while at Kings Island.

If you've seen other people walking around without shoes, then they're breaking the rules.

• Like 1