Flashback Till Opening Day 2013

TOPGUN1993

Love seeing Coney Mall looking like that, it seems as if it goes on forever and ever in that photo. If you look at The Racers' queue house you can tell that at one time it accommodated really long lines, even though I seem to remember one day during the summer the queue line was all full and back out into the midway.

Guest KingsIslandPR

Hasn't The Racer's entrance been moved sometime in the past? Or am I thinking of the exit?

I believe it was the exit which was relocated.

The entrance has remained the same since 1972 but the exit was moved from the right side facing the entrance to the left in the early 90's.

• Like 5

It's probably been answered on here before, but I'm not in the mood to get mad about my lack of search fu. :P

Why was The Racer exit relocated?

EDIT: It appears that this post, as per http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/26916-flashback-till-opening-day-2013/?p=500000'>this URL, is number 500,000! Now how long will it take us to reach 1 million?

• Like 2

I'll never forgot one year I went to the park and there was a stray cat hanging out in front of TR:TR the whole night. Just seeing that picture reminded me of that for some reason. It was laying around and getting attention from guest like it owned the place.

• Like 4

It's probably been answered on here before, but I'm not in the mood to get mad about my lack of search fu. :P

Why was The Racer exit relocated?

I couldn't find an answer in the search, but looking at an old picture of where the exit was, it had a steep slope that maybe wasn't wheelchair friendly?

love the look of the gingko trees, but if they ever plant ones, just make sure they are of the male varieties, otherwise nobody is going to want to be down there in the fall (perhaps this is why they were removed, for anyone that's ever stepped on a femal gingko berry)

I like the trees, but the concrete paths I do not like. Much better with pavers.

I agree with both statements,however the trees provide no shade and if you ever have to push a stroller around,pavers are not as friendly! I do love the look of pavers, and the trees added with a few shade providing trees would be cool.

• Like 1

I believe that might have been the year that they replaced the Monster with a different Monster.

Remember, its not uncommon if something breaks in certain spots for parks to have to disassemble part of a ride to get to the broken part. About five years ago, Coney had to take the Round Up apart for about two weeks in the middle of the season to replace a part that had broken. The only thing that they didn`t remove was the main lift arm!

Guest KingsIslandPR

I'm confused about that too. I thought Monster came from Coney Island. Please explain why Monster is not in this pic.

Monster did come from Coney Island.

• Like 3