Flashback Till Opening Day 2013

TOPGUN1993

Kinda starting to be a little concerned for Paul. I hope he is ok! In the mean time, here is another pic :) I met the former employee who helped construct this piece. The reliefs were sculpted in clay and cast in fiberglass by this individual while the sign department assembled and painted the final product. Enjoy!

zodiacsigncopy.jpg

~Josh

• Like 12

Paul???

Here is Gulliver's Rub-A-Dub as it appeared in the early 70's, before being revamped in 1978. There were several areas of this ride including The Flintstons, Yogi Bears Park, Top Cat City and a Haunted House section. If anyone has additional pictures of this ride, please post them!!! In the mean time, enjoy :)

rubadubcopy.jpg

The Flintstones section:

rubadubflintstonescopy.jpg

kiflintstones.jpg

ki1.jpg

Yogi Bear:

kigulivers.jpg

• Like 16

It was basically a children's water raft ride. It was a small circular boat (not parent friendly) that would very slowly glide around a water canal. It started out with very little scenery and eventually grew to a fully sculpted fiberglass landscape. One employee in the art department commented that his only regret was that management never approved an enclosed ride. So all of the characters and scenery were exposed to weather elements. It was located on part of the land where the boys restroom in the children's area is now. I think pics of this ride are exceptionally rare because it was a kid only ride. I will eventually locate and post pics of the ride being sculpted for the revamp in the late 70's.

• Like 6

19908x10flightcommander.jpg

(I am really beginning to worry where Paul is. :( )

Just an FYI this is not Flight Commander at KI. Remember on Flight Commander you entered from the center of the ride. Notice that is not the case in this picture. My guess this is either the one that was KD, or even at Knotts.

• Like 2

Does anyone have a way to contact Paul? It's great that this community is showing this kind of concern for one of our members and I believe he is pleased that there is an attempt to keep his thread going until he returns :) Enjoy this shot of the terra cotta reliefs that were once affixed to the former "Kafe Kilimanjaro" in "Adventure Village"

parott_reliefcopy.jpg

• Like 7

Does anyone have a way to contact Paul? It's great that this community is showing this kind of concern for one of our members and I believe he is pleased that there is an attempt to keep his thread going until he returns :) Enjoy this shot of the terra cotta reliefs that were once affixed to the former "Kafe Kilimanjaro" in "Adventure Village"

parott_reliefcopy.jpg

Sending him a message through this site, YouTube or Facebook (if you're friends with him there) is probably your best bet. One of those methods will hopefully send him an email notification about getting a message (depending on his preferences).