Flashback Till Opening Day 2013

TOPGUN1993

For the curious, that photo was from the 1994 season. Someone in my family took it - from the angle, I'm pretty sure it was someone taller than me at the time :).

Scooby may have been alone with those crazy eyes that rolled about. I have photos of other characters from the same time, and they have normal eyes.

• Like 1

LaRosa's had done a major remodel of their kitchen, increasing capacity and efficiency. It was quite the day.

Hard to believe Scoob now works for Flags, under license from TimeWarner.

Just curious, when did it become popular to put characters into parks? I'm guessing Disney started the trend, but I wasn't around then so I'm not positive.

Those rides are awesome! I really wish they could lower all the arms at once though to make the line bearable.

My four year old and I waited for 30 minutes to ride Monster on the right side,right before we get on they open the left side and people just walked right on. I hate that! :P I just stood there thinking,"Dang,my timing stinks today"!

• Like 1

LaRosa's had done a major remodel of their kitchen, increasing capacity and efficiency. It was quite the day.

Hard to believe Scoob now works for Flags, under license from TimeWarner.

Just curious, when did it become popular to put characters into parks? I'm guessing Disney started the trend, but I wasn't around then so I'm not positive.

Coney Island had The Wizard of Oz, the Banana Splits, and some of the Hanna Barbera characters walking around. I would imagin that Disney started the trend

• Like 1

Photo #14 - Outer Limits Flight of Fear announcement ceremony, the "alien capsule" held the crop circle designs.

(More to be posted if there's a interest)

What do you mean, "if" there's an interest? This is Kings Island FREAKIN' CENTRAL! Of course there's an interest! Let's see 'em! :)

• Like 10

So I was a few years off. Were those two people in that picture wearing the old flight suits that the Flight Deck/Top Gun crews used to wear?

They sure are the TOPGUN ride operator uniforms.

Photo #14 - Outer Limits Flight of Fear announcement ceremony, the "alien capsule" held the crop circle designs.

(More to be posted if there's a interest)

What do you mean, "if" there's an interest? This is Kings Island FREAKIN' CENTRAL! Of course there's an interest! Let's see 'em! :)

Department 47 (Flight of Fear) has a rather complex back-story and lots of details some probably have never even noticed before perhaps I'll do a photo TR on just FOF at some point. Esp this past season I have come to appreciate it even more.

It and Express are in my opinion the last "themed" rides in the park.

• Like 8

Photo #6 - Nickelodeon Splat City Water Maze - 1995-2005 (Shortened for Spongebobs Bikini Bottom Bash)

15qau5l.jpg

The green tower would shoot water out the top randomly.

I believe it was on a timer. As an employee in HB in 2005, I loved hearing unsuspecting guests scream as they got soaked after the bell rang.

• Like 1