Flashback Till Opening Day 2013

TOPGUN1993

I recall in the mid 70's at the stage just to the left of the Scooby Doo coaster there was a magic act. The magician would do a trick with rope where he would tie a knot in the rope, then slide the knot off the rope. He would take the knot and toss it into the audience. My family kept going back to the show untill he finally tossed me the knot.

That was also when there was a magic shop and kite store on International Street....

• Like 2

I love the little compass directional thing on top of the building. I imagine that was fun while up on the Eiffel Tower :)

As a kid, I really thought that it was neat. (I also, for a little bit, believed that the HB cartoons somehow really came from that building (they used to play the theme songs from the Jetsons, Flintstones, Scooby Doo, etc. over loudspeakers attached to the exterior of the building.) I asked my mom if it was true, and she said "No, honey, they're made way out in California." Still loved the illusion, though! ^_^ )

• Like 3

You unfortunately do not see elaborate light up signs like that anymore. In fact, at one point in time, the signs for just about every ride in Coney Mall (Racer, Monster, Scrambler, Dodgems, Vortex all used to have lights around their entrance signs.

Excellent picture, Paul. I have not seen that one before!

• Like 4

Photo #37 - Halley's Comet Sign (back) - Originally from Coney Island Shooting Star.

Did you flip that picture horizontally, or was Halley's Comet really located on the opposite side of The Racer?
Alternatively, the image could have been flipped horizontally before he got the picture.

Whichever it is, the picture is still quite nice to see.