Could PKI Year Round work?

YarzRevenge

The Idea of Winter Fest has been thrown around a lot reciently so let me ask this. If PKI was open YEAR ROUND what attractions, shows, anything could they have open and when? Don't limit yourself to attractions that they currently have, be creative. (we will asume that all current attractions would be open when weather/design permits. However, If you have an Idea that would make a normally weather restricted ride operatible please add it.)

Do you mean year-round operation, as similar to California or Florida parks? Or do you mean having certain special events for each season which only run for a limited amount of time; such as Fear Fest for the fall, Winterfest for the winter, some new concept for spring, and then of course regular operating hours during the summer.

I would think that the winter would be the hardest to find something for patrons to do. What have they done in the past for Winterfest? Maybe a couple of indoor rides could be open like SDATHC and FOF. Of course, there could be shows. Outside of enclosing rides, which is costly, I'm not sure what else you could do in the winter. Maybe ice skating?

You're kidding right Pat?

Ever been to a hockey game, Fountain Square, Rockefellar Plaze (open year round). Ice rinks are all over the place; including outside. It would not be hard at all for PKI to do this. The Beach does it at their winter event don't they?

Wow, did any of you ever go to Winterfest? They had about 10 shows running. Ice skating on the fountain. All the inclosed rides were running. A load of food shops. Hay Rides, threw the closed section of the park. It is really amazing how much there was to do. Kings Island was so busy during Winterfest that the last time I went the main sign said. "Park Full, come back tommarow." Let Me throw a few of My Ideas to get things going...

Walking (secrets) Tours of rides or sections of the park.

Add heaters to the lazy river and Make a Lazy Jacuzi.

Build an Inclosed section of the waterpark. (New Section)

All old Winter activities listed above.

It would be great cause that area is really dead during the winter. Other than work traffic its really empty. It looks weird when I goto the theater up there and see pki closed. Its like a ghost town with the rides sitting silent. You can see Top Gun though the trees. Its odd.

"Wow, did any of you ever go to Winterfest?"

No. That's why I asked in my first post:

"What have they done in the past for Winterfest?"

But, you answered my questions anyway. I would like to go and see it for myself. I wonder what rides would be open? Maybe SDATHC, FOF, TR:TR, Action Theatre, shows? What else?

Can you say Cincinnati Winter? I don't ever see the park being able to stay open year round, considering, the only people in the park during the off season are all upper management, maintenance, fire & safety, and first aid, and thats about it. WinterFest would be cool to have back though. I remember Ice Skating on the fountain, as well as hot chocolate on Int'l Street.

This was asked before, but yes, Holiday Fest at The Beast does feature ice skating. The ice is in terrible conidition and I doubt they condition it at all. It makes for an almost dangerous situation.

As far as Winterfest goes, from what I understand, it was a hit for the first few years and it tapered off after that. I'm guessing that you'll see it back in the next couple of years for another decade or so until it tapers off again.