Empty/unused space.

jscorpion82

I'd consider The Crypt's space unused. Opening it up for 1 month as a "Haunt" attraction and letting it sit from April-September as basically nothing makes it unused space in my book. Screw the Haunt attraction, let's turn it into something cool that could be open all season long!

• Like 4

I also wish they'd use revamp all they land around the train ride. They have all those buildings/props that used to be used, but now it's all just kind of sitting there. I'd like to see that whole thing revamped and rethemed. It made for an awesome train ride experience!

• Like 4

I understand that, and if I owned the park I would. All I said is that I think it's a waste of space for it not to be used during the normal operating season and just for Haunt. That's all.

Just because it was once used during normal operating season does not mean it's use, or timing of use, cannot change.

CP just built a structure specifically for HW use. I cannot consider that a waste of space either as is serves a specific purpose.

• Like 1

What are some spaces that are unused? SoB, The Crypt, thunder alley. Anything else? Possibly WindSeeker?

The space that was formerly occupied by The Crypt attraction is not empty or un-used and I see no reason to consider it that. The roller coaster that once stood proudly at Kings Island, Son of Beast's station is being used for the purpose of frightening people in October and yes at the moment, The former land that Thunder Alley was sitting on is empty besides the placement of construction equipment and garbage (Concrete). WindSeeker is a used thrill ride at Kings Island that I very highly believe will probably operate at KI in 2013. Also Welcome to KIC!! :)

• Like 2

I'd consider The Crypt's space unused. Opening it up for 1 month as a "Haunt" attraction and letting it sit from April-September as basically nothing makes it unused space in my book. Screw the Haunt attraction, let's turn it into something cool that could be open all season long.

Was The Crypt's former footprint used, or just the queue line? (...and the antechamber?)

//How was the path situated?

The main haunt was housed on what was the ride room of the building. The actual Haunt I think only took up about 1/3 of the ride room. They used the antechamber for the feast and part of the queue line. The queue leading up to the antechamber was used as just that, the queue line.

• Like 1

Welcome to KIC!

As I try to do with most new members

I like how you do this, but what exactly does Jurassic Park have to do with Kings Island Central? I feel like I should dub over it and when he says "Jurassic Park" I switch it with "Kings Island Central."

I miss the old look of Swan Lake, I know it is not good to say, but yest I do miss the way Swan Lake looked while waiting in a long line for The Beast. If you want unused space look just beyong the footprint of the park to the land that runs all of the way to the river. That would be unused. But open space is not always a bad thing. A park does not need to push as much stuff in a small area as possible. Some green space is nice...

• Like 2

Well, it would more accurately be called a retention basin. Retention basins hold and retain water (and are usually filled with water), while detention basin`s simply detain water until the ground can adequately absorb it.

I chose my word carefully, and was on sound footing with my choice.

Terp, more of a philosopher/planner/analyst/interpreter than an architect or an engineer.

• Like 1

While I know there is a purpose for CarnEvil in the old Enchanted Theatre during the normal season, I'd love to see it in use again.

To my knowledge, the stage for the theater is still standing; CarnEvil takes up the space of what was originally the seating area. Now if they got rid of the stage, they'd have a lot more room to expand the footprint of the Haunt attraction.

While I know there is a purpose for CarnEvil in the old Enchanted Theatre during the normal season, I'd love to see it in use again.

To my knowledge, the stage for the theater is still standing; CarnEvil takes up the space of what was originally the seating area. Now if they got rid of the stage, they'd have a lot more room to expand the footprint of the Haunt attraction.

You are correct, the stage is still standing. I'd like to see the entire venue used during the normal season.

• Like 1

speaking of carnevil....there is a slight error on one of the doors at the end.

the door reads 'freddy c.'

if they were referencing 'a nightmare on elm street', it should read 'freddy k.'

i would fix it myself, but that would probably be viewed as vandalism by the park. :P