Methods for the cure of KI Off Season flu

BB1

I get to go through 4 different withdrawals. No roller coasters or drag racing and after having my left knee scoped in 2010 I was informed that skiing and bowling are a no no if I want to try to make it 10 years without a joint replacement. So that leaves me with updating the dragster and posting dumb stuff here and on my racing forums that seem clever and witty at the time I hit post.

• Like 3

I look at all the photos and videos I've taken of KI in past seasons. I've been watching one of my Grand Carousel videos a whole lot lately because the carousel music playing in that video is very cheerful and uplifting! :D I've also looked at my growing collection of on-ride photos from Vortex and also ones from Magnum @ CP, Anaconda @ KD, and Viper @ Darien Lake.

Also, doing fun WINTER stuff (like sledding) seems to help me as well.

• Like 1

Well, there is a 100% cure, but...you're probably going to need a LOTTA money for this...buy plane tickets/lots of gas for car, and fly/drive to Flordia, California, etc. to one of the parks that still runs in winter, like Busch Gardens Tampa, Universal Orlando, Disney, Knott's Berry Farm, Six Flags Magic Mountain, etc etc...from what I've heard, they usually aren't crowded around this time of year.

Right now, it's the only way to ride coasters in real-life for people living in the Indiana-Ohio-etc etc. region...or you could buy a uber-expensive motion chair and sync it up with No Limits or something...but that would cost even more, probably...but would be so cool... :P '

McSalsa, stating the obvious... ^_^ Oh, as for myself, as I cannot afford this whatsoever...RCT and No Limits...

• Like 3

I read through my somewhat modest collection of amusement park related books every offseason.

One of my favourites is The Great American Amusement Parks: A Pictoral History by Gary Kyriazi. Although it's hilariously outdated when it comes to "modern" parks (what do you expect; published in the 70s), it does have a rather nice section on New York's Coney Island.

Not to mention it holds a special place in my heart as the book that turned me into an enthusiast.

• Like 2

Its funny,over my 20 something visits in 2012 i never seen the most interesting Kings Island whatever you call him dude.Not a knock,i just kept my eye open and never seen him? The lady who rides DB over and over gets my vote,i cant remember her name but i think she has a twin sister?I rode a few times with her and she loves her DB and Beast!

• Like 1