New Paramount Parks?

No. Cedar Fair got away from the Paramount themes and names as it chose not to pay for them beyond the initial term.

Not by Cedar Fair of course, I mean by future Paramount properties, operated under licensing agreements of course.

Everyone's liking my post from a year ago about Murica but reading this article again, it's Murcia. Not Murica...

Those Murcians, tryin' to make fun of Murica. I can't stand these people with Murcia, and Murica, it's just crazy!

I do kinda wonder: if the Paramount aspect of it is licensed, then who is the owner/operator of the park?

I mean, the place is supposed to have a Lara Croft: Tomb Raider "interactive attraction," so I'm all in, but I'm just wondering. :P

In all seriousness: As much as I love the memories I have of our Paramount days, do the properties they're choosing to theme rides and areas out of seem really obscure to anyone else, apart from Titanic and maybe Mission: Impossible? I know the movies they named rides after at the legacy Paramount Parks weren't exactly box office record-holders, but they seemed more prominent and relevant at the time (at least to 7-to-15 year-old me, anyway.) Like, exactly how many people have been sitting on the edge of their seat, waiting for their chance to experience a Rango-themed kids' area?

Then again, I also haven't been holding my breath for a chance to experience an Avatar-themed park area, either, but The Mouse seems to disagree.

• Like 4

• 6 months later...