Video: Where The Roller Coasters Come From

Woah woah woah, The Beast and Racers came from trees, that is a lie.

I am intrigued on the topic of the fountain of the Kings park as well, possibly some Disney Magic in the fountain's movements? I just hope for one thing, keep them as close as possible to the past, but new as possible as well.

All in all I like the steps he is making, wise but profitable to the market, I can tell near the end he was beginning to show how he wants to theme parks (like Knott's) and possibly he could expand the street-mo-sphere characters in many parts of the parks.

• Like 2

A very nice video. I wonder what thing they are going to do to the fountains? I`m thinking maybe some sort of new lighting package that is synchronized to music.

It was very nice hearing Rob Decker talk. Being in the design profession, it has always been my dream to get the chance to work on amusement park projects. I have had the honor to actually get to work on a coupe amusement parks over the years. It is truly amazing (and no, I can`t reveal what projects I worked on, but it was really rewarding getting to work on them. Someday I wish to eventually work for a park chain. That would be an ultimate dream job!

Its interesting they went with every park and reviewed the attraction installs in the last 7 years and determined how they were received and what shortcomings the parks had. I wonder what shortcomings they determined Kings Island had. And they also said that 2014 additions are already set with most of 2015 set as well. I can`t wait to see what we have in store at Kings Island!

• Like 6

I trust Ouimet knows what he's doing, but I can't help but worry we'll lose what's left of that "international feel" we have on International Street with the fountain renovation. But I think I would be content with the changes coming, so long as we don't lose the traditional fountains we have now.

His gap estimates of our park has me wondering if we really will get a thrill coaster in Son of Beast's land.

I was glad to hear that Ouimet wants to elevate Luminosity from an "A" to an "A+". I'm now looking forward to seeing that this year.

A culture of continuous improvement and rooting out shortcomings is exciting to see.

Cool video! I love the more openness we are getting from CF now. Very excited to what Matt has up his sleeve for all the parks.

In this case, the openness earned Cedar Fair quite a bit of free publicity, including the AP article earlier this week. It's certainly a refreshing change from the management of old.

It can't be hurting recruitment either.

• Like 3

Double Post Needed:

From what I have read, one of the only fountain booths at IAAPA was from a company called Waltzing Waters. From the look of their ancient website, it looks like very colorful water called "Liquid Fireworks." As long as it is not overwhelming, I think it will look great. If this is it I pray they do not over do it.

Link: http://www.waltzingwaters.com/index.shtml

IndexPicture.jpg

Mr. Ouimet seemed so enthusiastic in that video and, on PB, Jeff said that he (Ouimet) was as giddy as any enthusiast in the building. I remember another time when Jeff

and they were by Mantis and Ouimet said how proud he feels to be a part of this . I am truly impressed with him and so excited about the future.
  • Like 3

I think a water show like that would be wonderful if they added it to the fountains. I just hope that it wouldn`t be like a show at 9pm and 10pm, but rather a continuous show so that the fountains (in some form) would always be on. Also, I would worry about maintenance and upkeep, because those seem to have a lot of moving parts, and look how well Snoopy`s Starlight Spectacular has weathered the seasons so far.

Water shows like that are so mesmerizing. Reminds me of Fantasmic at Disney`s Hollywood Studios, but on a slightly smaller scale.

• Like 1

Right. But more of what I was thinking is when the big spectacle show is not going on, I hope they keep the traditional fountains running. Ie, have the regular fountains run during daylight and when the nighttime show isn`t running, then turn those off for the night time show when it runs. I think it would be ashame if they didn`t have some form of fountain running during the day, it just wouldn`t seem like Kings Island.

It was not disclosed when the upgraded would occur, but that Canada`s Wonderland seemed to be first in line to get the upgrade.

It will be interesting to see what kind of overhaul they have in store, as Canada's Wonderland's fountain lighting was upgraded to LEDs when Starlight Spectacular debuted only a few seasons ago...

I like that Matt said how Luminosity was going to be produced "in house" this year. Hopefully that encourages the performers to really make the show their own, and that they get some say in how things shake out. I know a performer is much more excited to go do a show if they like the material, so I would imagine that it could only get better from there!