Petting zoo?

SonofBaconator

We did have goats, pigs, and of course ducks! Believe me, it did smell like a barn! Do you remember a few years ago they had the goats and pigs during one of the haunt attractions? It stunk and they were kept in the pet care and it really stunk! All those pigs all day long would eat and do what pigs do best. What goes in MUST come out. This past season, we had Ed's ducks and they really quacked the place up! But yes, it would smell like a barn and who would clean up after them? The people that provided the animals or some lucky Kings Island employee? Like BB! said, it would be a baaad ideal and it is not what it is quacked up to be.

• Like 2

Do you remember a few years ago they had the goats and pigs during one of the haunt attractions?

Well... almost. The goats and pigs were pulled (pulled pork?) before opening night of Slaughter House in 2009, so the public never got to see them there. But their scent lingered that year, providing a nice olfactory assault on our victims. :D

Regarding the main topic, a petting zoo was one of the attractions offered at Howl-O-Palooza last year, and had been a part of the kids Halloween event in years past too.

• Like 1

Being a volunteer at the zoo, I love animals. I always thought that KI should have a petting zoo some where in the park during the summer season. I think it would appeal to the families who would like something a little different to enjoy while they're at the park.

Goat-at-the-petting-zoo_zps7bf49705.jpg

That's the cutest goat I've ever seen ^_^

• Like 4

I am not trying to rain on a parade. I was like that, once upon a time. I asked "well why not" just because it sounded fun. But there is so much to establishing a park with animals. The funding, the permits, the insurance, the high maint, breeding programs, choosing to join the AZA ( highly recommended ) which brings to light many many more restrictions, which are all for the better. And not just for the animals, but for the keepers too. For the vets. For the guests. For everyone. I could go on and on. And since Kings Island once had an animal park, the rules regarding the AZA become even tighter. There are loopholes! Naturally. But even still.

• Like 3

I recall the petting zoo at LeSourd's- there was a gum ball machine with corn in it that you got to feed the animals. A horse bit my pinky.

I'm not fond of petting zoos. I don't think it's best for the animals. I'd prefer kids see the animals in their habitat at a farm.