Coasting for Kids 2013

jcgoble3

According to ACE PR Director David Lipnicky (via https://www.facebook.com/greatohiocc/posts/473873769341930'>a post on the GOCC Facebook page), the 2013 edition of Coasting for Kids will be held at all Cedar Fair parks on Sunday, June 9. This is exactly two days after CoasterMania at Cedar Point, which is Friday, June 7.

I'm now trying to decide whether to do Coasting for Kids at KI like I've done the past two years or extend my CoasterMania trip by a day to do it at CP instead for a change of pace.

• Like 4

Guest KingsIslandPR

When does registration start? I am doing it this year.

The date has yet to be determined for the the start of registration. In previous years, a minimum of $75 raised was the requirement to participate.

This year after every 5th ride participants will be asked to switch seats so everyone has an opportunity to ride several times in their favorite seats.

For those that plan to participate, is there a preference between the Red and Blue side?

There will be a nice prize for the top fundraiser!

What is the current record from previous years?

If I remember right, last year somebody raised $1000 something.

Cool, Thanks, Do you know who holds it.

Last year I came in 3rd place and I raised about $1600.00 if I remember correctly. I actually raised about $2400.00 all together, but part of it was posted after the cut off time for the contest part of it. I got a really nice Give Kids the World duffle bag filled with a bunch of their merchandise. It was awesome, I can't wait for this year.

• Like 5

I don't really have a preference as to what side, as long as I'm in the middle seat of a car I'm fine. I was a little concerned about being a little banged up riding the blue side last year, but as can be seen in pretty much all the pictures in those videos, I was in the 2nd to last seat of the train for most of the day and I felt fine after 96 laps, covering 62 miles.

I'm torn between KI & CP too. I love doing it at KI, I love Racer, it's my home park so there's a sense of loyalty, they treated us well and I would love to do it there again. But on the other hand Magnum and Gemini would be a great time too, CP's a great park, and I don't get up there as many times as I do KI so it would be a nice change of scenery. "Hmmm... what to do?" indeed!

• Like 4

http://www.visitkingsisland.com/events/things-to-do/special-events/Coasting-for-Kids-4-4-12-39

"a day filled with riding Diamondback (8:00am - 9:15am) and The Racer (10:00am - 5:00pm) over and over again, plus an early morning ride on The Beast"

Well, this may have just made our decision for us whether we do Coasting for Kids at KI or CP. I love marathoning Diamondback, but if GatorGirl does the event, then we just may have to go to CP. She just reached 50" for our Dollywood trip in November, so she got to ride Wild Eagle for the first time. I'm not sure that she would grow another 4" to reach DB's minimum height by June 9th. It's possible, I guess, but I think unlikely. If CP does Magnum & Gemini again (their website doesn't have the event up yet), GatorGirl can do those, as those are 48". It says registration begins in mid-February, but we may just have to wait a little to see if we think she might reach 54".

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...