Coasting for Kids 2013

jcgoble3

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a daughter graduating Sunday the 2nd and my resources have had her attention, If you know what I mean. I had planned to join today on payday but the site said it has reached it's limit. I want to do this as it will be my 2nd year and I'm really sad that I missed the cutoff. My daughters grad party is the Saturday the 8th as having KI only an hour away it would make since but Cedar Point still has openings. I have to be real with myself. I don't see myself at her party till Midnight and then driving all the way to CP to participate although I'm determined to make this happen.

I guess what I'm getting at is....Is there a standby list in case somebody fails to show up or cancels their spot for KI Coasting for Kids? Because, I'll sign up for Cedar Point but if an opening came about, could I switch parks?

It's just that it's my daughters graduation. I would have already signed up but I had to take care of her first.

Is there anybody that can answer my question and help me out? Thank you.

~Brian

Guest KingsIslandPR

Thanks Don, was hoping to get an office e-mail about the event! Can't wait!

Possibly could have the info emailed to everyone Thursday evening.

• Like 3

The email from Don has been sent out.

Most important thing from the email: As tempting as it may be to stick them in the air, KEEP YOUR HANDS DOWN for the first 45 minutes on Diamondback and the first 30 minutes on The Racer. Otherwise you may be asked to sit out until those times are over. This is to allow for publicity photos/video. Got it? :)

• Like 3

Random-ish question....for those who have done this event before at KI, what do you bring with you?

I'm trying to determine what is necessary to bring, although I've been to the park numerous times and have worked there, I don't know what to bring for the event. I can figure sunscreen, camera..but beyond that?

• Like 1

Random-ish question....for those who have done this event before at KI, what do you bring with you?

I'm trying to determine what is necessary to bring, although I've been to the park numerous times and have worked there, I don't know what to bring for the event. I can figure sunscreen, camera..but beyond tWhen

When I did it last year, I had a little fanny pack and it was a life saver. I wish I had brought some kind of gum or mints for in between rides. I wouldn't suggest eating candy while the train is moving of course. You get a little dry but last year they provided bottled water. Also, I wished I had brought lip balm, aspirin and a better pair of sunglasses. I had a sun visor, but it was a challenge trying to keep it on at all times.

But first and foremost...Bring Your Smiles and a bag full of Fun because it will be the best day of your life riding for a great cause as Kings Island does it BEST!!!

p.s. Bring a phone charger to plug-in at lunch. You'll need it if you want to make it to the end of the day.

• Like 2

Guest KingsIslandPR

A big THANK YOU to everyone who participated in the event! The money raised for Give Kids the World at Kings Island and the other 10 Cedar Fair parks made this year's event a record year.

I hope everyone had a fun and memorable day.

• Like 9

The email from Don has been sent out.

Most important thing from the email: As tempting as it may be to stick them in the air, KEEP YOUR HANDS DOWN for the first 45 minutes on Diamondback and the first 30 minutes on The Racer. Otherwise you may be asked to sit out until those times are over. This is to allow for publicity photos/video. Got it? :)

Well, that explains the pics on FB this morning. I was wondering why the entire train on The Racer had their hands on the bars, lol.

• Like 1

I am so sore too. I wasn't this sore last year. But then again, last year I had 96 laps total on Racer, this year I had 99. But the biggest difference is last year I got off for a few laps, this year I didn't get off at all. 29 continuous laps on Racer before lunch, and 70 continuous laps after lunch. Sore, but it was worth it!

• Like 3

I went home and puked. Sat on the couch --- took one bite of food --- ran to the bathroom. I think my brain/inner ear could not handle the lack of movement (I think dehydration and the sun did not help).

My numbers were not quite as impressive. Diamondback - 12; The Racer - 63 ; Flight Deck - 1 = 76 circuits for the day (Was in the group that missed The Beast due to the sensor issue)

The POWER HOUR on The Racer was fun. Although I chose poorly on my seat -- I jumped into a wheel seat not realizing Power Hour was starting.

I can't wait for next year. I learned a lot this year and will be better prepared.

• Like 1