Diamondback Vibration

stashua123

For what it's worth, I've noticed the violent vibrations start where the access to the trim starts (blackish handles in between the rails leading up to the brake). Nowhere else on the ride do I notice this, so it can't be the wheels. Perhaps the vibrations are loosely related to that?

It sounds just like the brakes on your car when the brake pads have to much wear on them. They vibrate and it is telling you it is time to replace them. If you start to hear a metal on metal grinding noise, them they have worn all the way to the metal and it is saying to replace me NOW or you will have a much larger repair to worry about.

I have ridden roller coasters for over 40 years. Unless a "vibration" creates a danger to the passengers, there is no need to "fix" it. In the 70's and 80's people rode The Racer and The Beast in their original form, wound up with visible bruises, and said, "That was awesome!"

Reminded me of my cousin when we were kids,we get off The Beast and he busted his lip and blood is all over and quotes,"That was awesome!"

• Like 1

If you're sitting in the front seats you can see the bogeys on the car ahead of you shuffle side to side on that section of track, kind of like the track gauge is a little narrow from wear allowing some extra clearance with the side friction wheels. Midway through the '09 season I would feel a rough wheel bearing on the left under row 4 every few weeks that I haven't felt since.

If it counts for anything, in my own experiences in riding Diamondback ( which is A LOT just like most of you because I practically was obsessed with ride counting there for awhile since the day it opened ) the only vibrations I seemed to notice were only when I rode the brown train. For some reason it just seems like the brown train is just really shakey compared to the red and green trains. Anyone else notice this? Everyone I have ever ridden Diamondback's brown train with has noticed this too so I know I'm not losing my mind but I was just wondering if anyone else here noticed it too.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

As far as I'm concerned, it's the fact that coasters age and sometimes pick up little quarks and vibrations over the years. Usually it's absolutely nothing to worry or whine about. Those who have not ridden Goliath at SFOG for a while might want to take it for a spin to see what I mean about picking up vibrations. It's still a lot of fun, but you can tell it has broken in.